XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Interceptor

Guest Zenith

Greetings people

I have windows XP and I play Interceptor a lot

But all of a sudden I get a probe droid who jams my research

But if I fly to it I get a horrible beeping sound, and I cannot find the probe

it's 0km from me and on my right radar it shows that it is me...

Anyway I can fix that ???

Thanks

This thread makes me question why I cannot Mod the Xcom 1 technical support forum along with the other two, as this is in the wrong place. Notice, how it says Xcom 1: Technical Support at the top of your screen. Hopefully one of the other super admins here can move it for me ^_^ Edited by Trevelyan

Cpl Facehugger...

I wish you where right, but the range is 0 km and I cannot increase it , and if I fire a missle, it just flies into space, my teammates cannot destroy it either.

They say that they gonna do it but they don't , they just fly around...

Oooh this is horrible !!!!! :crying:

TObad there isn't a cheat where you can destroy all ALIEN activity alive..

Or is there ? So that could make it a little easier :rolleyes:

And the other OS... nah thx :D

very annoying bug. luckily my initial base was placed next to a black hole, which sucks up all of those nasty probes ^_^

still, invisible pirate bases truly make you wanna kill microsoft. actually, everything makes me wanna kill microsoft. or bill gates. whichever comes first :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, alien probes last forever. Must be due to those alien duracell batteries.

Although I have found a way to circumvent the probe problem. You have to use the cheats though. There is a 'destroy target' cheat that when used will destroy the probe. (Just hyperspace out, it will work normally despite the fact that your ship has been 'destroyed')

As for a black hole, why not make one with a nova bomb? :D

hey how do u know where a black hole is?

they're black circles with a white outline on the map (or, if zoomed in, they're like a white spiral. just press it and it'll say black hole). or, like cpl. facehugger said, make one with a nova bomb (if you have one). they only suck up probes, so you don't have to worry about your base being sucked up ;)

i think alien probes do expire, but they last much, but much more time than ours.

u could've said that sooner cpl. facehugger, just found them cheats. hope they solve our problems.

u can see them at http://www.gamewinners.com/DOSWIN/blxcominterceptor.htm

Edited by SupSuper

Well, I didn't have interceptor on my comp to check. I've verified them, it works. Your ship will majorly screw up, but as long as you press H you will hyperspace normally (well...Semi normally. You'll be better after the battle, I promise.)

• 1 year later...
I have this problem as well, enemy bases, probes, they are all -0.00km and always behind me on the radar but, the funny thing is, you can see your base's and outposts but why not the enemys..... im gonna try turning off Direct X 9c and see whats happens