XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Selling Aliens

Tuoppi

How is it? I think a zoo or a collector would pay quite handsomely to have a live alien in its/his collection.

At least give me an option to put a bullet in the brain for those useless soldiers i accidentally stun and capture.

(play the well known circus music in your head)

BEHOLD THE STRANGE ABOMINATION: THE SECTOID!!!!

(lots of "oooh"s and "aaah"s in the background)

WATCH THE AMAZING CREATURE AS IT

(gasps in the back ground)

Walks

And breathes

And you know, eats burgers and stuff...

Anyway, selling live aliens is an interesting idea, but do you really want that zoo keeper to lay his hands on the etherial you captured? I mean, the mind control and all...

Oh, I like the idea of putting a bullet in the live aliens that I don't want. Unless we can have some fun or useful ideas for extra live aliens. (Like the zoo, or toxin research?)

What about making souveniers? I'd like to have a grey head in a snowglobe, or vipers in a can of beer nuts. There's also alot of food that could be made from aliens. I'm sure McDonalds would love it. ^_^

We could have a new facility "gas and cremation chambers".

I don't know about that, gas chambers are way to close to the knuckle and bring up images of Nazis and the holocaust for me and that is something we want to stay far, far away from.

I think its best if we stay away from what happens to the aliens when the player has finished with them and leave it up to their imaginations rather than detail out some of the sick things that could be done.

I don't know about that, gas chambers are way to close to the knuckle and bring up images of Nazis and the holocaust for me and that is something we want to stay far, far away from.

I think its best if we stay away from what happens to the aliens when the player has finished with them and leave it up to their imaginations rather than detail out some of the sick things that could be done.

Your probably right about that ^_^

I did not think of that!

A few cuts here and there and those aliens wouldn't be much of a threat. Simple matter of castration and lobotomy... Rest is made up with a strong cage. Humiliating -no? :devillaugh:

Buyers are propably quite ample as there are quite a few zoos and circuses around. You canot expect to capture thousands, anyway. Rest are sold to great white hunters who want to shoot themselves a nice unique trophy.

X-com never sold live for some obvious reasons:

#1 terrorists

#2 They can control world leaders and make them sign a pact

#3 having countries own aliens to fight for them in wars would make no sense

Could you explain in detail? I didn't quite get any of these. :huh?:

It is assumed that all the alien corpses you acquire go to the McDonalds food corporation. I'm sure that is where the live ones go too.
You mean the personel, right? :D

Ethereal salesman: You WILL buy an Extra Super Huge Burger!

Customer (drooling): Yes, Master ...

Zoos could be interested, though; how about also producing alien containments to go with a live alien?

Maybe you could have some sort of larger more advanced alien containment facility, less of a prison and more of a habitat.

Why?

Because whilst preliminary research on live aliens wouldnt take long maybe studying a live alien over a long period of time will reveal things you didnt know about them before hand, so there would be an incentive to kepp some of the aliens alive and kicking simply for observation and continued research.

It seems silly that after you do a tiny amount fo research on them that you stop, i would have thought research would go on continually whilst a live specimen is available.

Maybe you could have some sort of larger more advanced alien containment facility, less of a prison and more of a habitat.

Why?

Because whilst preliminary research on live aliens wouldnt take long maybe studying a live alien over a long period of time will reveal things you didnt know about them before hand, so there would be an incentive to kepp some of the aliens alive and kicking simply for observation and continued research.

It seems silly that after you do a tiny amount fo research on them that you stop, i would have thought research would go on continually whilst a live specimen is available.

i have to say, i tottaly agree. They might even join your forces after a while (UNBALANCE ISSUES though).

PSI might be discovered this way, and you only get their bagground after some weeks of obsevation.

Also, maybe you CAN only watch live aliens in those special containments: Corpses could go in the cryo chambers (think of APOC, you cannot just throw them in the back of the craft. nooooo, you need a special chamber.)

Why?

Science officers log: After a month of observation, the Raptors in the facility started to behave strangely. The male started making hollowing sounds while jumping up and down. After that, he remained in balance on his nose for 35 mins.

After that, he ran around the room to gain maximum speed to ram the walls for 1h and 23 mins. We were very puzzled until we discovered that it was there mating ritual.

Dont get me wrong I do think it's a good idea. ^_^

• 4 months later...
How about keeping them for payback? After all, in UFO Defense, the aliens are doing all kinds of messed up experiments on people, so why not use them for weapons research?

Because we're not supposed to be worse than them...

I have no objection to sell alien corpses to universities for study purposes, but LIVE aliens, again, only for observation purposes...

Then again, what happens to the contained aliens when we get back from Cydonia??