XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tftd Playable On A Laptop?

I would dearly love to play this game in portable form.

1) Will the game work with the touchpads that laptops usually come with?

2) Will I need to buy really old spec laptop with DOS, or a really high-spec laptop with Windows and Dosbox? Or will XP/Vista be ok?

3) I see most new laptops that are oriented around gaming are Widescreen - with non-standard resolutions, will this prevent the game from running properly?

4) Do any of you guys play on a laptop running this game ok?

5) Any further advice or comments would be appreciated.

1) yap :)

2) runs just fine on my Pentium M 1500Mhz /512 MB RAM / WinXP and Dosbox. Runs even on slower machines

3) nope, will run with black frame around it. just don't switch on the automated scaling of lower resolutions (you'll find this in the BIOS)

4) see above :)

5) when you got the laptop drop me a line and I'll send you my dosbox config. it took me a while to configure it, and it won't be 1:1 adaptable for your laptop, but I think it'll be easier if you've got something to start with.

• 1 month later...
I would dearly love to play this game in portable form.

1) Will the game work with the touchpads that laptops usually come with?

2) Will I need to buy really old spec laptop with DOS, or a really high-spec laptop with Windows and Dosbox? Or will XP/Vista be ok?

3) I see most new laptops that are oriented around gaming are Widescreen - with non-standard resolutions, will this prevent the game from running properly?

4) Do any of you guys play on a laptop running this game ok?

5) Any further advice or comments would be appreciated.

I use it on a laptop which has 111 MB RAM!!! it works perfectly fine as long u use Dosbox 0.70, which i allocated 32Mb for Dosbox to use, and it has 1Ghz processor.

however, Dosbox will help slow down the speed of the game so it doesnt matter much on high spec laptops