XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Can't Research Aqua Plastic.

swooch

And, yeah, I have them in store. It's especially irritating since I've got a Deep One corpse researched.

Also, the XComUtil doesn't work for me, It claims the game isn't in the folder.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I could send a savegame to someone who could put Aqua Plastic and Ion Beam Accelerators on the research list or something?

Thanks in advance!

Not sure what's up there, you should have obtained aqua plastics right after the Deep-One corpse. Can you check if it's still available for research, or that you did not accidentally research a live Deep One instead?

IBA's should appear right away when you get them in stores assuming your game is updated with the TFTD v2.0 patch . That's important for the dos version, but if you're using the Collectors Edition (aka Gold), then they are already v2.0. Otherwise you'll need a Lobsterman Navigator, which is a major pain.

Alternately, since you've just started, could you start a brand new game and see if the same thing happens? You don't have to abandon your old game, but it's just to see if you can replicate this odd occurrence.

- NKF

I'm running the DOS version without the v2.0 patch, but I'll install it right away and see if that fixes anything. About the live deep one, I don't think I reasearched it -don't remember seeing it in the ufopaedia, but i'll make sure asap. (Researched the DO corpse for sure though.)

Thanks for the help. It's good to know these forums still are manned. :)

Wait, don't do the Live Deep One until after Plastic Aqua Armour and Ion Beam Accelerators.

If you're going to install the v2 patch, I recommend starting over. Any damage to your research tree in your savegame will carry over, so it would be best to start fresh.

- NKF