1 reply to this topic

#1 Kratos

Kratos

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

I know I'm probably only speaking to myself since this place is rather abandoned, but...

Now, I've been trying to think of a way to have ufo2000 a little more attractive to its users. Well, first of all, what attracted me into playing ufo2000 a lot was the statistics page. I liked aiming for the top and kind of silently brag to myself of how good of a player I am. I can still do this I guess...but the page seems somewhat lacking in player interface.

I have several ideas to improve this:

1) Build a permanent player database with personal profiles (much like forum profiles)
- People can view who and any other information the player wants to give, even contact information such as ICQs or IMs.
2) Display top 5 or 10 players on the front page.
- Their name will display and will scroll across the screen showing everybody their glory.
3) You can browse for players and their information through a search
4) You can view (in which most will be optional):
- What their favorite/most played map/weapon set/unit
- What OS they use
- Their CRC/error rates (not optional)
- Battles/Victories/Draws/Losses (Separated into different version builds)

We can build onto this as we go. I just think we need a more memorable and fun way for our players to leave a mark on the community.

#2 JFarceur

JFarceur

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:47 AM

A 'combat history' should be necessary too. Just in case, you know, someone plays against himself (with other accounts) just to get to the top... well, that'd be hard to prevent.