XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Skyranger Hangar Terrain And Updates

Hobbes

Several changes to the terrains:

- The Skyranger Hangar (the replacement for the Skyranger Factory) is now included on the Area 51 package (although it is a separate terrain). It now is a randomizable 6x6 map, check the pic below.

- Area 51 version 9.52 has been released. Hopefully it will be the last version and it now includes the Skyranger Hangar. Get it here.

- Several bugs with the terrain of Apartment have been corrected (namely the exploding couches). Get version 9.04 here.

All of those can be downloaded into in the single Terrain Pack.

And I am off for a week break! Have fun all.

snapshot_80.png

That would really be a hot-seat.

IKEA could sell it as "FREGG".

I like that map! Plenty of stuff to blow up, and those 3rd level buildings on each side will make "City"-fans feel right at home.

The structures themselves are rather weak, tho, while the skyrangers are still indesrtuctible.

And nice .lua coding! :) Directly using

map.Mapdata[i][j] = random {##, ##}

is in fact a better way than defining the random function separately.

Edited by Violazr

I like apartment, but the thing is about it, I hate the indestructible walls. Those indestructible walls pushed me away from playing Easter Island. I hope it doesn't push me away from playing Apartment.

Skyranger Hangar seems quite good though.

And I am off for a week break! Have fun all.

Enjoy! :beer:

Edited by Kratos

Back.

@Kratos:

The destroyed walls of Apartment have lost their indestructibility on the last versions. They still require 40 points of damage to be written off completely, so they can still be a nuisance to play.

The fences of Area51 are meant to restrict long range sniping. However, unlike Port they are not indestructible, and an easy way to overcome them is to fire from a higher level.

@Violazr:

Believe it or not, when I write code for the maps I simply use already existing functions from other terrains (like the one you described) and adapt them. Most of the times I have no idea of how it actually works, only the end result. The code for the Skyranger Hangar was made using several educated guesses, and most of it occurred to me after looking at your code for Beaches of Normandy. I had no idea that it was possible to use some generation rules until I saw how you used them (I still have no idea of how most of your code works, in any case ;)