XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Just Tried Alpha4 For First Time

I tried running the alpha4 but it didnt work, i got the menu and could click on all the options there and it seemed to work as others described but the globe was not present (or indeed any sort of background)

All i had was a black screen where the globe should be

I got this from one of those files

User Assertion Message: XeObjectResources::You cannot remove an object that hasnt been added. Check your code
Assert Condition: objectSocket == -1 found in C:\Programacion\xenocide-cvs\xenocide\xenoengine\src\xenoengine\kernel\objectresources.cpp, 148

User Assertion Message: XeObjectResources::You cannot remove an object that hasnt been added. Check your code
Assert Condition: objectSocket == -1 found in C:\Programacion\xenocide-cvs\xenocide\xenoengine\src\xenoengine\kernel\objectresources.cpp, 148

User Assertion Message: XeObjectResources::The object had been added before. Posible aliasing...
Assert Condition: object->getObjectSocket () == -1 found in C:\Programacion\xenocide-cvs\xenocide\xenoengine\src\xenoengine\kernel\objectresources.cpp, 100

User Assertion Message: The allocated Unique Object IDs (UIDs) freed is not the same as the allocated UIDs. Posible resource leak.
Assert Condition: (signed int) recycledIDs.size () == currentIDCounter found in C:\Programacion\xenocide-cvs\xenocide\xenoengine\src\xenoengine\kernel\objectresources.cpp, 25

My 3d card is a Radeon 7500 and i have the DNA drivers
Have an Athlon 1800 and am running under XP
Oh and also have up to date directX

I do believe that you need the catalyst drivers to run Xenocide on a Radeon. And I think the minimum radeon requirement was a 9000 (?)

Anyway, last I looked, the radeon black globe thing is a radeon specific bug that we are working on.