Concept Art / Fan Art

gu35s

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sgt Jones, could you provide these models as FBX? This way we could use them most easily.

I will see what i can do. They are in 3ds max 2009 format at the moment. max does have an fbx conversion option i dont actually know how stable that makes them afterwards though, and they are rigged too.

If it doesn't work, don't worry too much. 3DS is ok as well. It would however be perfect if you could provide both, fbx and 3ds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

welp, it seems PX is dead. question is, is it possible to revive it? if not, how can it be salvaged?

if it is to be revived, I think the best step forward is to make tactical more playable. probably should start with animated characters and bettering the environment.

if it is to be salvaged, I think maybe x-com:origin can use the geo for their build. it seems their tactical is quite superb.

Guest Azrael Strife
welp, it seems PX is dead. question is, is it possible to revive it? if not, how can it be salvaged?

if it is to be revived, I think the best step forward is to make tactical more playable. probably should start with animated characters and bettering the environment.

if it is to be salvaged, I think maybe x-com:origin can use the geo for their build. it seems their tactical is quite superb.

PX has been dead for many years; david turned it into a zombie for a little while, but his mistake was to try to infuse life into a dead project no one had hope in, should he have created a new project, it might have seen more success.

Heck, look at this site, notice the lack of admins? seriously, we had a spambot posting like over 100 spam threads a day for days and not one admin showed up for like 5 days.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

SINCE THERE ISN'T ANY COMPLEX PAINTING TO A FIRE HYDRANT, EXCEPT A SOLID PAINT, THE ONLY THING I COULD DO IS SEARCH FOR THE EXACT COLOR TO CHOOSE, COMPARING WITH REAL PICTURES.

AND THESE ARE THE COLORS (TEXTURES) THAT ARE CLOSEST. THE REST IS IN SHADOW AND LIGHT.

MOST HYDRANT ARE THHIS RED COLOR, SOME WITH A BLUE TOP AND SIDES, FEWER ARE MADE ENTIRLY OF YELLO.

post-25133-1314738705_thumb.jpg

post-25133-1314738725_thumb.jpg

post-25133-1314738749_thumb.jpg

Nice work chronomaster I like that table, This is my version of the heavy plasma. I'm still new to the program so I have no clue how to do proper scaling. PM me if you want the .blend file.

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv300/c303c/X-COM/HeavyPlasma11.png

Edited by Tanki

HI TANKI

MY TABLE IS A BUNCH OF SQUARS ACTUALLY. WAS SUPPOSE TO JUS BE A PROTOTYPE WITH THE EXACT LENGTHS TO BE THE BASE OF A SERIES OF TABLES. IT HAS NOTHING LIKE THE GUN UVE MADE.

BUT IVE BEEN WORKING ON SOMETHING NEW.

THAT GUN YOU MADE IS NICE. IT DOESNT LOOK AS IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE PROGRAM WITH THIS PICTURE YOU HAVE POSTED.

I DONT THINK I KNOW HOW TO MAKE WHAT YOU'VE MADE WITHOUT ALOT OF TROUBLE...YET.

WHAT PROGRAM DO YOU USE?

THANKS FOR POSTING THE PICUTRE.

AND YES - SEND THE FILE I WANNA LOOK AT IT (*.3DS)

I WANNA SEE HOW U MADE IT. AND MAYBE SEE IF I CAN ADD.

THIS IMAGE I POST NOW IS THE TEXTURES FOR "SPAWN" ON A "SUPPOSED-TO-BE" ALIEN ARM.

YOU NEED TO CLICK ENLARGE. IT WASNT FULL SCREEN WHEN I SAVED, AND RE-RENDERING IS A PROBLEM.

post-25133-1315249849_thumb.png

THIS IS A VASE TEXTURE. IT IS NOT OMPLETE YET...BUT WILL BE. IT IS SEAMLESS BOTH COLOR AND FLOWERS. SEAMLESS SHORTLY.

post-25133-1315250898_thumb.jpg

Edited by chronomaster

tanki's heavy plasma looks good. it's the original version right? very nice.

chrono. the table is simple but great for this sort of games. as for your textures, the spawn skin looks weird and the vase is way too colorful. tho without seeing them in full, i can't say that it's that bad.

this project has been scrubbed. if you don't mind that your works stay as concept/fan art, then by all means post more.

IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE TOO EAGER TO JUDGE IT AS NOT GOOD.

I INTENDED IT TO BE THAT COLORFUL. I THINK THERE ARE VASES WITH THAT INTENSE. IT DOESNT SEEM TO ME TOO MUCH COLOR TO BE A VASE COVER, I CHECKED GOOGLE FOR PICTURES AND I SAW VASES CLOSE OR EVEN MORE OUT OF THE WAY WITH COLORS.

GIVE IT A TRY AND FIT IT ON A MEDIUM VASE FROM THE X DATABASE IF YOU WANT. I CURRENTLY NOT IN THE FITTING TEXTURE TO A MODEL TO MUCH.

IT'S A SEAMLESS TILE INTENDED TO BE MAPPED TWICE. FROM EACH SIDE.

AND ALSO...WEIRD...IS...NOT A BAD THING ABOUT AN ALIEN SKIN. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE WEIRD, AND DIFFERENT.SO I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THAT.

THE SKIN IS NOT SHOWN AT IT POTENTIOAL AND I THINK IF YOU SAW THE TEXTURE B4 MY RENDER YOU WOULD THINK ITS MORE OF A PRESENTATION AND METIRIALIZING IN RENDERING. PROPER LIGHTINING, SHADING, DEPTH AND LOOK AT IT IN A CLOSED ROOM, WITH A MODEL, METIRIAL PROPERTIES.

I GUESS A DARK RED LAYER IN RENDERING WILL SORT IT OUT.

ANYWAY, THE PAINT FILE IS BETTER THEN WHAT I RENDERED.

I HOPE YOUR POINTS ARE FROM IMPROVING POINT, RATHER THAN JUST DISSMISSING AS NO GOOD.

BTW DO YOU STILL HAVE THE PSI ?

post-25133-1316202106_thumb.png

AND THIS IS A SOCCER BALL. ...MAYBE IT CAN FIT IN A TERROR MISSION WITH CIVILIAN HOUSES. I HAD A BALL LIKE THAT.

Edited by chronomaster

please stop with the all caps. it's hard to read.

no, i wasn't dismissing. as i said, i m not very good in texturing and those looks awful to me as they are.

so maybe if i see the vase with the texture i may change my mind.

as for the alien skin, it looks more like a dry chocolate to me. i dont know. maybe it's just me.

in any case, this is just a concept/fan art posts so you are free to put up whatever you made.

which psi?