XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide...?!?!?

Fiend1010

alright, i never knew anyone was making xenocide. who is making it? who plans on getting it marketed like what company, cuz we all know microprose wont do it? and why is it being made on mac odf all os'? the reason i ask is cuz i was reading some of the post and ill admit most of the art work is pretty damn good. but why in the world mac? from what i see in screen shots and what not it looks pretty decent but id like to trry the game to bad i use a pc.

grant me the right to bare arms and i will show you a nightmare.

Okay... so... let's try to straighten you out here. Yeah, we're making Xenocide, and have been for over a year. No, no one is going to publish it except us, for free. The news on the website is an April Fool's joke. We're not even working on a mac port, much less going to switch to that lacking platform. If you live in America, go get a gun if you want to bear arms, though from the sounds of it, someone should keep sharp objects and guns out of your hands...

Doh!!! That was SO NOT FUNNY!!!!!! :huh:

I was ecstatic to discover a few weeks ago that someone had finally taken it upon themselves to remake X-Com keeping it as close to the original as possible yet updating it completely!!! It is after all one of my all time favourite games so i eagerly await the arrival of Xenocide.

I must admit when i read the 'april 1st' news about the mac port, my blood started to boil.... HOW COULD YOU!!!!!! I am only just beginning to recover from the shock of it all. You should be ashamed of yourselves for such a devious, incitful, heck... downright nasty april fools gag!!!

Anyways.... now i have ranted and i am returning to my normal blood pressure level, i wish you a speedy development of such an anticipated release :rock:

Peace be with you..... unless its a Sectoid with a BFG!

I wonder how many people 'fell' for the april fools gag. I have to say it was a work of genius.

Just to reiterate what Micah said though, don't worry guys we're still making Xenocide for pc. Don't sweat it. Oh and be loads more wary next april 1st ;)

I was going to add some 1st April news about UFO2000 dropping windows support completely and making the game linux/unix only but you guys posted your news first :D

By the way, I haven't seen any original 1st April joke this year :(

Edited by Serge

By the way, I haven't seen any original 1st April joke this year :(

if you go to www.homestarrunner.com, its strange thats its gone down...

thats IMO the best joke.

but Xenocide beats them all in beliveability :LOL: