10 replies to this topic

#1 ToeJoe

ToeJoe

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:10 PM

I raided cult of sirius, and after slaughtered many opponents i got message that i won, got some points, but where are captured equipment i got points for?
I can not find a thing, if i captured anything at all. Maybe i am doing raids the wrong way. I just need small guidance with this issue, thanks.

#2 dan2

dan2

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 06:44 PM

I raided cult of sirius, and after slaughtered many opponents i got message that i won, got some points, but where are captured equipment i got points for?
I can not find a thing, if i captured anything at all. Maybe i am doing raids the wrong way. I just need small guidance with this issue, thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In the vehicle you transported your soldiers to the temple make sure you have also a module for storing the loot. Without that transport module, you can't bring back anything. You'll need another module, discovered by your bio-scientists and made by your technicians, bio-transport module, to be installed on your assault vehicle in order to bring any alien back to the base. But this cargo module is already installed on your Valkyrie, so you shouldn't have this problem.
Now, please, tell me, what vehicles are you using to assault the temple and what equipment is installed on them.

#3 ussdefiant

ussdefiant

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 08:45 PM

On a related question, is there any way to tell what you got on any particular raid besides going into the base screen and checking the different in inventory levels? (e.g checking a vehicles cargo)

#4 dan2

dan2

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

On a related question, is there any way to tell what you got on any particular raid besides going into the base screen and checking the different in inventory levels? (e.g checking a vehicles cargo)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can go to buy/sell menu or soldier inventory menu, but on the way home?...Nothing I know of....Well, what's wrong with the buttons in the base screen?

#5 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

Oh, you know, to ogle at all your ill gotten loot and feel a sense of accomplishment.

But as you can't do anything with it while it's in storage, might as well unload it at home and check to see if you were able to pick up any interesting items of particular value. I generally do this to see if I've increased my psiclone, elerium(ammo), plasma gun ammo, power swords or Marsec armour stockpiles.

You know, you could just buy a base with no equipment stored in it, and then send your ships there to unload the equipment if you really want to take an inventory of what you captured. Then transfer (or manually transfer) everything over. But I admit it would've been very useful if you could get access to the cargo on the spot rather than wait till you get home. Particularly for extra ammo or shields.

- NKF

P. S: Related random tip of the moment: All the transport modules may say they have a limited capacity. But in truth they have almost unlimited capacity (well, far more than you'd normally be able to haul back). So only one of each type is needed for the troop transporter.

Edited by NKF, 07 March 2005 - 10:00 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#6 ToeJoe

ToeJoe

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 05:18 AM

He, he. Thanks Dan for your reply. Now i know my mistakes. Cargo module is installed in Valkyrie 1, but i don't know why used Valkyrie 2 for tactical missions (without cargo module :( ). I tried again and captured nice stuff :) :).

Well it is not so bad, but i already missed alien items from few assault.

I have another question. Is it possible to destroy (wipe out) particular organisation?

#7 dan2

dan2

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 11:18 AM

But as you can't do anything with it while it's in storage, might as well unload it at home and check to see if you were able to pick up any interesting items of particular value. I generally do this to see if I've increased my psiclone, elerium(ammo), plasma gun ammo, power swords or Marsec armour stockpiles.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never got power swords or any kind of armour from raiding the cultists. I think I got several times elerium when I attacked Transtellar or Psyke, but I use rockets to down the UFOs, so it's not that preciousssss....
When (which week) and where (which organization) you get those? Don't tell me it's Marsec, it would be a big shame to mess up with them...

#8 JPH

JPH

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:32 PM

I never got power swords or any kind of armour from raiding the cultists. I think I got several times elerium when I attacked  Transtellar or Psyke, but I use rockets to down the UFOs, so it's not that preciousssss....
When (which week) and where (which organization) you get those? Don't tell me it's Marsec, it would be a big shame to mess up with them...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I'm pretty sure the power sword and the flying armor are both Marsec. I don't make a habit of raiding them, and I don't do stun raids, but I'm pretty sure that's the organization to go after if you want to loot those items.

On a somewhat related note, I've manually picked up some elerium pods and placed them in my soldiers' inventories during raids. When I get back to base, the pods are no longer there and don't seem to show up in any of the buy/sell screens. Based on the previous posts, it sounds like they just increase the amount of ammo I have for my lineage plasma cannons. Is that how it really works?

#9 dan2

dan2

Xnet Proof Task Force

• Xenocide Inactive
  • 561 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 04:02 PM

On a somewhat related note, I've manually picked up some elerium pods and placed them in my soldiers' inventories during raids.  When I get back to base, the pods are no longer there and don't seem to show up in any of the buy/sell screens.  Based on the previous posts, it sounds like they just increase the amount of ammo I have for my lineage plasma cannons.  Is that how it really works?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I guess Lineage Plasma Cannons are using raw elerium, but you can sell elerium from Buy/Sell ship equipment. So collecting those elerium pods is not for nothing, since you can get money for it if you need money.

#10 Robo Dojo 58

Robo Dojo 58

Colonel

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 08:13 PM

On a somewhat related note, I've manually picked up some elerium pods and placed them in my soldiers' inventories during raids.  When I get back to base, the pods are no longer there and don't seem to show up in any of the buy/sell screens.  Based on the previous posts, it sounds like they just increase the amount of ammo I have for my lineage plasma cannons.  Is that how it really works?

Each pod, IIRC, gives 50 elerium for your cannons. That's not too bad, considering that the ammo is $20 a shot. Snatch a few pods, and you can load up quite a few of the powerful lineage guns.
Posted Image Haha! I'm now the Supreme Commander of X-COM. Time to kiss Earth goodbye.

My first order of business: Homeless people make cheap rookies, and are great at opening UFO doors. Heck, they're so cheap, I'm going to replace all personel with them!
Secondly: This organisation takes too much money to run. Weapon shipments will come from Siberia from now on. Costly maintenance is to be cut on all facilities. That includes venting.
Thirdly: We have a new colonel. His name is Facehugger, he loves aliens, and I want you all to treat him with respect.
Lastly: I'll be in my condo on an undisclosed island, if you need me. Good day.

FMIX-The General Stores

#11 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 11:41 PM

If I'm not mistaken, elerium pods give you almost as much elerium as you would pay for a psiclone. No, no, I'm just guessing at random on that. The simple fact is that yes, they are converted into craft ammo. So if you like to use plasma based weapons and have a tendancy to use up all that's available on the market every week - go raid an enemy organisation. An enemy political organisation, like the Extropians or Technocrats, will do just fine, as they only have office blocks, and elerium is known to spawn in office blocks. ;)

Only the gangs and cultists store their wealth as psiclones. Other companies store it in elerium pods. Not worth as much, but certainly valuable if you love using the expensive but super efficient lineage plasma cannons or the plasma multi turret (which is great, but has far too little ammo IMNSHO).

---

Swords - only the Marsec arms factories seem to have these. I tend to borrow one or two off Marsec at the start of a new campaign and buy the rest. If you feel bad about it, go in and swap some items of equal or greater value for it. (Or if I'm feeling a little funny - I go on a mind bender raid and have the guards jump off tall structures...)

Marsec armour parts - Marsec have them (obviously), and so do the gangs.

Mind Shields - Only Marsec have these. Personally I find them rather pointless even with its special permanent stat enhancing 'feature'. Even with impossibly high psi defence, you can still be panicked (not controlled though - but MC is not such a threat in Apocalypse as it was in the first two games).

---

As for obliterating organisations - not possible. And before the question is ask: bankrupting an organisation will have absolutely no effect on the organisation in any way except for the number shown in the ufopaedia. They'll still raid other organisations, still have equipment to sell or steal, and they'll still have defender ships spawn at any of their buildings that get attacked if there's still an access tube. Also their buildings will be rebuilt bit by bit every week whether we like it or not.

- NKF

Edited by NKF, 10 March 2005 - 11:44 PM.

Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1