XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Battleview Ai

ATeX

Hi!

I got this idea, which I don't know it has been discussed before. Anyway, here it is. When aliens drop their weapons, in XCOM1 they didn't do any effort to get a new one (the nearest). I think we should do something about this. So, if anyone loses his weapons (because of the psi attacks or similar) the soon as he gets back in control, he searches for a new one, especially the nearest (if it's safe to get it).

Greets

Hi!

I got this idea, which I don't know it has been discussed before. Anyway, here it is. When aliens drop their weapons, in XCOM1 they didn't do any effort to get a new one (the nearest). I think we should do something about this. So, if anyone loses his weapons (because of the psi attacks or similar) the soon as he gets back in control, he searches for a new one, especially the nearest (if it's safe to get it).

Greets

indeed. Its just plain stupid that they cannot pick anything up.

What about human weaponry? Can they pick all types of weapons?

yes!!! :D that should do it!!! the aliens as well research human technology. And the human technology can not make exactly the same alien weapons, but only weapons based on that. So that way u get 2 sides with equal strength, but different weapons. Perfect for game balance!!!! AND! as well the possibility to play as aliens as well with research tree and everything!! :D

I agree. Aliens are smart enough to know that they should pick up their guns.

I don't know if they could use human tech, though. The aliens have alot of PSI interaction with their weapons. The human "pont and pull the trigger" thing would be tough to describe to an alien, because they'd be used to having the gun point itself. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
Something should be done as well for when aliens controls humans. I remember in TFTD, when you'd get control of your soldier after a molecular control, the first thing you would notice is that he had dropped his gun, and had grenades in both his hands!

• 2 months later...
Something should be done as well for when aliens controls humans. I remember in TFTD, when you'd get control of your soldier after a molecular control, the first thing you would notice is that he had dropped his gun, and had grenades in both his hands!

So? it IS perfectly lethal...

I did the same thing with aliens carrying Blaster launchers... use it to find some of his buddies, and watch the silver footbal go and come back in his face....

Muhahahaha!!

:explode: