XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Capturing a Deep One

greep

How long do you have to capture a deep one usually? I'd rather wait until I get a thermal stun launcher before making an attempt, but if they start dropping off soon I'd rather try and capture one with some stun rods, or whatever they're called now.

Gill Men do appear later into the game, but they seem to cease going on land based missions (where they take Deep Ones along) once the Lobstermen and Tasoth appear. So you had best capture a Deep One as soon as possible with the tazers.

If you can't get them by the time Lobstermen start appearing, it's often easier to restart the game from scratch and try again. Between losing a bit of time and not being able to complete the game, it's generally the better option. :D That, or use an editor.

Note, there's also the Calcinite that doesn't show up for very long that you might want to try going for as well. The drills that their corpse unlock aren't essential to winning the game, but they are very nice melee weapons for fighting in some of the more claustrophobic maps.

- NKF

you wait until ... Thermal Shock Launcher?

( well ... if you get them really, really, really fast this could work )

Deep One is so important ( both live specimen and corpse )

that I capture him in the first available Gillmen terror mission ... ALWAYS!!!

( some times I even sacrifice few men just to capture him alive )

I would go as far and say, that in my opinion

first Gillmen terror mision is succesful ... ONLY!!!

... when you capture live Deep One

please consider reading this:

http://ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Deep_One

yarrow

• 7 years later...

Is it me, but I seem to have little issue capturing a Deep One if I make it a priority, but I never seem to see Calcinites. The aquatoids never seem to launch a land-based terror mission or use battleships.