XCOMUFO & Xenocide

"xcloader.exe"?

Triv

Hi there,

'Been looking around for some help regarding this matter:

Recently, I purchased X-Com UFO Defense through Steam so I wouldn't have to fiddle around and set-up all these other various versions (CE, Gold, DosBox, etc.) of the game until one works. The Steam version works fine, running dosbox in the backround to help solve all the various issues. I don't have any serious gripes with it apart from the slight choppiness. That's when I saw the xcloader.exe that came along with the rest of the xcomutil files. First off, what exactly is this? I ran it and it booted up UFO Defense but I noticed two major differences. 1) No xcomutil changes, and 2) .. the choppiness went away entirely. I've never seen the game run so damn smoothly!

What I would love is to run UFO Defense via xcloader.exe with xcomutil changes in affect. Is this possible?

Xcomutil comes with that loader, it asks if you want to use it the first time you run xcusetup.bat ("Do you want to enable f0dder's loader?")

If you already answered no to that question delete the 'xcom4win.xcf' file that should be somewhere in that same map and run xcusetup.bat again.

Edited by j'ordos

I don't see any message about f0dders loader the first time I run xcusetup.bat.

I did a fresh install of UFO Defense, ran the xcusetup.bat, and this is what pops up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/koalah/AAAAAA.jpg

Am I missing something here? :\

I'm running xcomutil 9.6

Edited by Triv

• 2 months later...