XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Remaking Battles

Blitzen

Okay I want ot increase the size of maps and add in more aliens. Using mapview I can create the maps no problem. However Is it possible to write new .lua files and have x-com use the maps? I want to redo all the maps and add more. Basically, I want to make all maps 8 levels tall and 4x the size with 5-6x the aliens.

Could someone help me out? I need to know first,

1. is it possible to make bigger maps and have them run in x-com.

2. can someone write me .lua files after I make the maps?

Cheers!

There is a hard coded limit to the number of objects that can be present on the battlefield, which is why you can only bring 80 items. The aliens have a similar limit. While I don't know much about making maps, I haven't seen anyone get a map with more than four levels to work in game, and having a larger amount of aliens will mean hitting the object cap really quickly. I suppose if you were to edit the weapons so that they don't require ammunition you could free up some slots that were being used for clips and work a few more aliens in that way, but that's the only thing I can think of for increasing the numbers.

Bumping the same topic would have had the same effect, you know <_<

edit: merged.

Nothing is impossible to change.... you just need to know how to do it.... which I don't. It should also be possible to remove that 80 item cap. The question remains however... How?

well, the 80 item limit was made so that items won't take up too much of the maximum 255 objects allowed in any one mission, and you can't remove that limit. So i wouldn't recommend removing the 80 item limit unless you want to start having no aliens spawn

Nothing is impossible to change.... you just need to know how to do it.... which I don't. It should also be possible to remove that 80 item cap. The question remains however... How?

Unless you're planning on rebuilding the game engine itself, it's not possible to remove those limits. If you do that, you're not editing X-Com, you're making a new game. That is what it would take.