XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Tftd Enhanced Aka X-com2+

OK I downloaded this patch/mod because it's the only one I found and actually it's pretty cool in the things it does. Sub combat is difficult and you need a new over all strategy.

Problem is this: I installed the patch a couple of months ago and haven't played for a while. I come back and I discover that there are two game executive files in my directory... TERROR.COM and TERROR.EXE which has an icon.

If I use Terror.exe which is apparently for Windows it loads normally but I get no music and the sounds are ugly, no music. Also the Battlescape seems speeded up and the fast scrolling makes me want to bash my brains out.

If I use Terror.com (from Windows explorer) a dos prompt window briefly appears and I get the music, the sounds and everything and the Battlescape scrolls normally at the right speed. Problem is the Geoscape speed is messed up. On 5 seconds and hour passes in a few seconds...

So the reason I'm posting is to know:

A/ Which version X-Com 2+ works with. I am assuming that if I switched versions between saves it will mess up my game.

B/ How do I get the game to work normally. How do I reprogram sound with the Windows .exe version and why is the Battlescape scrolling so fast? What can I do about it? I don't want to use Dosbox because I think it's awful, jerky and it eats away CPU usage like crazy.

Paladin888 is the creator of X-Com2+ but his website he give in the readme has nothing on it except the download. I know he posts or posted here...

I just want to play TFTD (the greatest X-com ever), that I can't on my new computer when I used to play it on a 486 is insane.

Thanks in advance.

[sorry if this is in the wrong forum, don't think it fits in the technical issues section, it's a mod]