XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Storage Bug

Guest g33k

Guest g33k

I have a problem where the amount of MC disruptors I have continues to fluctuate rapidly, resulting in a problem where they take up all my storage space and I can't even sell them as they have a negative number on the sell/sack screen...sorry if this is a repeat, had a look but couldn't find the same problem...

http://img54.echo.cx/img54/8771/xcom12zp.jpg

http://img54.echo.cx/img54/1719/xcom20dd.jpg

You can use an Xcom2 base editor to put a decent number for MC Disruptor. I'm not sure how the number got #$% up, but it will return to normal with an editor.

It appears one table is seen as unsigned words while the other as signed integers. Programmers with their wacko nonsenses

jman; I don't think 65535 storage is possible without hacked base facilities OR a base that is nothing but General Storages. And even then it'd be a long shot.

oh yeah, don't sell too much if it stays that high ever again, once you get to a certain amount of money, the game goes into negative money :)

I know it does this in the original. If you go over, like, 100,000,000 or so (as soon as it hits 1,000,000,000 possibly) it goes into negatives. :(

• 4 weeks later...

i have had this problem in my games also and i have ben playing with it... :Brickwall: here is the deal....it happens when you are manufacturing

1 item that is auto selling and u manufacture something else at the same time.

manufactur 1 item at a time...or use 2 diferant bases =b

BTW, it couldn't be the overflow bug. I think TFTD uses 32 bit numbers (2^32), so you'd need 2,147,483,647 of something before it went back to -2,147,483,647. I think this is the case with both the cash and the items in storage. Of course, reaching either that cash level or item level would probably be hard (or an extremely long game)