XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Source Code

Wizball

Hi all, does anyone know if the source code for the project is still available, i've tried the xenocide site and the download section is no longer available.

It's a shame this project has been stopped. I'd like to get the source up and running in Visual Studio 2008 with xna 3, and if at all possible start it up again.

Help greatly appreciated in getting the source first. :)

Just to update, it's the docs.xenocide site thats no longer available, if someone has the source code they could email to me please.

Edited by Wizball

Thanks Mad, thats brill, i'll drop dteviot an email and see if he's still interested. Just by way of a question, is everyone who was working on this still interested in doing so?

Sure thing - I think I can speak for Kafros and myself, that we are still very much interested. If you really want to work on this, why not keep the whole thing as it is, and just sign in as a programmer? This way you would already have a comunity and infrastructure - I've seen this severaly times already: as soon as there is progress in PRG, people tend to come back. It's not the lack of art assets that kept this project down in the last time, it was a lack of dedicated programmers. The thing is, dteviot was very involved and dedicated, but I don't think you can run this as a one-man show; at least not for long.

Edit: Oh, and btw, docs.projectxenocide.com is online again.

Edited by Mad

Sure thing - I think I can speak for Kafros and myself, that we are still very much interested.

Count me in too. :)

Edit: Oh, and btw, docs.projectxenocide.com is online again.

Hurray! :D

- Zombie

Excellent, I can definately give time to this project, just to bring you all up to speed, my experience is commercial, but i've written simple platformers in xna, it's a simple enough task, I dont know how long it will take me to get up to speed on things, but it shouldn't take too long. :D

Good news about docs being back on line. Let me get things setup this end and i'll let you all know.

Hi All, dteviot has said i can code for the project, so i'm getting TortoiseSVN & stuff setup this end, and i've read the thread for what needs to be done. First job will be to work out how things are done and to get a feel for the project. Any one want to ask me any questions please feel free. :)