XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Terrain Generator

Guest Jim69

Both Demeter and OpenSceneGraph look like promising tools for terrain generation and object placement to me, but then anything like that does since I don't know much about it. But since they're both open source, I expect we won't have to worry about licensing issues. :happybanana:

Unless a better tool set has been found, I agree that these apps should be considered.

Basically they would need customising, we need to be able to set points where the terrain is flat for buildings and have these squares marked but it is a heck of a lot easier than making it from scratch.

Really? Could you ask him ( I know he doesn't frequent the forums that often ) if it is possible to add something in there to make an area completely flat? For building purpuses you see :)

I think that's what he means, it also creates the flat areas. I guess Scott could look at this other site and determine which would work better, and we could focus on that.

Really? Could you ask him ( I know he doesn't frequent the forums that often ) if it is possible to add something in there to make an area completely flat? For building purpuses you see :)

I think he is already aware about it.