XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Hi, Im Here To Help And Learn

Deathcode

Hi,

I have played x-com several years ago on my ps1 nvm that, i found this forum by searching on google, it seems like a nice project and i could offer my help.

Im programming in C/C++/VC++ over 4 years now, C# im doing for 1.5 years i know some more languages like lua,php,python Network protocol programming and so on..

Im 21 years old and going to be a game programmer, i started learning allegro a month ago and made some nice games but still got more things to learn.

So ill be glad to join this project and help but ofcourse the learning part will come with the time.

email: [email protected]

msn: [email protected]

regards,

Deathcode.

gee wiz, those are credentials to be proud of. I'm not exactly sure what the current operational status of the UFO2k project is, as I haven't seen Serge, Sporb, Plasma, or indeed any of the devteam around for quite some time.

In the meantime though, you could check out our cousin, Project Xenocide, in the forums just to the north.

gee wiz, those are credentials to be proud of. I'm not exactly sure what the current operational status of the UFO2k project is, as I haven't seen Serge, Sporb, Plasma, or indeed any of the devteam around for quite some time.

In the meantime though, you could check out our cousin, Project Xenocide, in the forums just to the north.

Maybe the devteam moved to UFO-Extraterrestrials ...a bigger and very promising project ... that has only 2 months 'till launch ... I waited a decent sequel/remake for X-Com 1 & 2 ... already almost 13 years, since I was in tenth grade.

So ill be glad to join this project and help but ofcourse the learning part will come with the time.

Good to know that. You can download the sources of the game, start with compiling them and adding some minor features or tweaks. Compilation instructions are available somewhere in this forum. Once you are familiar with the basic structure of the sources, you can look into our bugtracker to see what are the most annoying bugs or most wanted features :) Once you get something useful done, you can submit your changes to the ufo2000 developers (preferably using bugtracker) for inclusion into official sources three. Of course you can also build your own versions of the game and upload them anywhere you want (provided that you fulfil GPL license requirements) :)

PS. I'm currently away from this projects dealing with some reallife issues. I hope to be back in a few months. Anyway don't feel discouraged as ufo2000 has at least some stable players community and they would be more than happy if anyone steps up to move this project forward :)