XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Mirror The Xna Svn To Sourceforge Or Codeplex?

dteviot

As you probably know, at the current time I can't check into the Xenocide SVN repository.

And I suspect no one else can either.

So, I'm contemplating uploading the XNA codebase to either SourceForge or CodePlex. And maintaining it as a mirror. (My current preference is CodePlex.)

This should also reduce the bandwidth loads on our main site, and make Xenocide more visible.

Anyone have any suggestions/comments?

Hosting the XNA version mirror on CodePlex makes sense to me (everyone is Microsoft based). My only concern would be if we ended up using the "mirror" as the main at some point since it's TFS based and not SVN based. SVNBridge would allow us to still talk to it with our existing clients but it's another step.

Since TFS is check-in/check-out based and not merge based (like SVN) is, how well does an SVN client really work with it? I suppose you can run TFS in multiple check-out mode but in my experience it's not as clean that way.

I dont agree on replicating stuff (BTW mindstormmaster already solved the issue - he sent me a mail today- ) is a good thing, on the other hand doing complete releases may be a good way to get some "free" bandwidth and some exposure to those that do not know Xenocide at all. That means release an snapshot of the code and a binary release there.

Greetings

Red Knight