#1 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

...ting testing one two three... TESTING TESTING ONE TWO THREE

This is Dipstick, ID Number 455, calling all Xenociders.  This is an automated emergency beacon to all Project Xenocide members deployed to all stations.   The Aurora Protocol is now in effect, I say
again, the Aurora Protocol is now in effect. 

Is anyone there?  Is there anyone left to hear this?  It took me a long time to follow the breadcrumbs through time and space, and finally found this place again.  It took finding some clues from SupSuper to get back here.  Most of the main roads aren't roads any more, and god knows what happened at the tunnel.  Looks like it got hit hard by people stampeding.  No idea what the heck happened, or even when it happened.

The Patio no longer looks stable enough, so based upon the local geology I am embedding this here, for safety reasons.  Looks like some tracks go past here, hopefully whoever made them might come back.  Setting an alarm off to one of the wardens would only mean someone would find it, I guess.

I got through the disaster.  I survived.  I should have come back more, and let people know I was still alive.  All I can say is that I am sorry, but you know what its been like since they came.  It has been a long time, I know.  Six years since I last got a message through, plenty more since regular contact.  My life has certainly changed over the time, same as for everyone.  I hope that I get the chance to talk to some of you again.

I am fixing down an emergency beacon here to get in contact again.  All my previous communication systems have long since died, some of them explosively.  Any message sent to me for...pfft, maybe a decade, unlikely to have reached me.  This system seems pretty robust, and I will make sure to monitor it.

https://discord.gg/fWayc3B

I will try to monitor this station, but I will be more frequently monitoring the secure channel.  Either works, but the local infrastructure as it is, not sure how long this will be here for...

This is Dipstick, ID Number 455, calling all Xenociders. This is an automated emergency beacon to all Project Xenocide members deployed to all stations.   The Aurora Protocol is now in effect, I say
again, the Aurora Protocol is now in effect. 

Edit: so, this actually posted.  More than I expected actually.  All this is a quick hello, and if anyone is about wanting to say hi, feel free to post here, or go to the above discord channel.  Might be a while before anyone sees this, so will just keep the channel up.

Edited by dipstick, 27 May 2018 - 02:37 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

Email notifications of new posts were broken until... yesterday :P So reaching out from here might be more successful now :)

Also you may wanted to have put this in a Xenocide subforum, not a minecraft subforum, haha.

#3 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 03:20 PM

I posted wherever I could see activity that people might notice.  Couldn't see somewhere like the Patio, so figured anywhere that let me post was good.

Also helps being the Spamstick.  One last spam for the road never hurt anyone :P  The more I aggravate someone, more likely to get a response after all!

Good to see you again Micah.

Posted Image

#4 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

You still pardusing? :P

#5 dipstick

dipstick

Colonel

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

It has been..six...years?  But I still attend the gatherings every year in London.  I am literally the old guard at the meetings now.  I was recruited back last Pard-tea, and got about stirring things up again, but the game has collapsed too far to be fun for me.  Few mechanics that were introduced over the years to placate the playerbase, and now the development team has basically retired.  I should never have left the game to be frank, could have got some more enjoyment out of it I am sure.  Spur of the moment decision taken under stress to delete my characters, but hey.

Posted Image

#6 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:07 PM

My problem is I when I play something, I usually play it to win it by any means necessary. This invariably meant accumulating more and more accounts and spending more and more time online. Even though I had scripts that automated some trading and stocking activities, it got a little out of control. When I got married I gave away all my money, some proxies, some VMs, all the accounts, and haven't been back since. It's probably for the best :P