XCOMUFO & Xenocide

I think knockback should be added to the game. For those who don't know what that is, it is when object, area, or entity is hit with a certain amount of force, that thing with move by a certain amount from it's present location to another.

Hehe -

I'm going to use this thread for my selfish promotion of an implemted RagDoll Physics Engine. It keeps popping up, so perhaps its worth REALLY looking into (please dont hurt me RK, I know I know).

Are there absolutely no new coders in this project that wish to take it on?!

:naughty:

Gold

Edited by GreatGold

as soon asap

"as soon as-soon-as-possible" :huh: That's some odd wording, don't you think?

Yeah, rag dolls. Rag sectoids!

I think knockback should be added to the game.

That would be included in the 'rag dolling'...

Unless you are hitting them with cars and such, knock-back (in the real world)is negligable at the scale involved.

Yeah, in real life. But this is a game, and I'd like to see the "flying sectoids" perform... :naughty:

Even if that bullet is a 40mm ap shell launched from a heavy cannon?

Actually the Heavy Cannon uses 20mm ammo, at least according to the latest CT... And I should know, har dee har har!

U tellin me that it's gonna be 40mm?

Yeah, he's telling you that, I'm telling him otherwize... :LOL:

Sorry, it's late...

So I guess we all agree that knockback from explosive force would be a nice thing once there are coders with time on their hands.... Is there anything else to discuss about it that hasn't been brought up in the ragdoll physics or cars&explosion threads? If there is, let's post those ideas in one of those 2 threads, as this one hasn't opened any new angles. I'll close this thread so we don't dilute the ideas between duplicate threads.