XCOMUFO & Xenocide

W40k - Models & Weapons!?

Zora

Hi..

Im a huge fan of this game! :D

Though Im also a huge fan of Warhammer 40.000 and I therefor think

that it could be very cool if units, weapons & equipment from this game could be

made! Any suggestions!?

/Zora

That would be cool....

(my teams are usually like this:

a) 2 sergeants (myself and some random brother

B) about 6 battle brothers

c) rest are guardmen (with crappy armour and weapons, naturally) :P)

But anyhow, I really hope someone with the skills could make proper power armour & terminator armour skins. And genestealers (who would be something similiar to chrysalids, but faaaaaaaaster and uglier)

Man that would be cool...

Whilst it could be done, it would have to be released seperately due to copyright issues, I expect.

I also doubt it would really fit with the atmosphere of the X-COM maps and other equipment.

You can do this easily anyway. Just pretend power armoured troopers are your Space Marines, and your unarmoured troopers are Guardsmen.

Or something.

:P

Edited by Exo2000

There actually is couple map types that I think would fit into WH 40k perfectly, creating sort of an Space Hulkish feeling.

And most of the laser & plasma weapons would fit into the WH 40k pretty well.

So I think somone needs to make

a) weapon set with good weapons (all but chain swords and stuff like that already exists)

b ) couple new skins (terminator and regular power armour. Soldier skin would be perfect for guardmen except it is too tough)

c) Chrysalids----->Genestealers

d) Add some cool music to greate proper atmosphere... and here it is: higly unofficial Space Hulk mod. :P

Ofcourse someone could make Tau, Eldar and guys like that, but I really don't care about them.

Necromunda gang styles :D

suits the small squad based tactics more than 40K battlefield. But you can still apply things like hulking armoured marines and whatnot.

as for copyright the weapon styles themselves have no copyrights , and so could be mimicked, as long as logos and icons are kept off.

essentially the ufo2k set is almost 40k weapons minus a few things and adding a few things...

just disimilar graphics

Ofcourse someone could make Tau, Eldar and guys like that, but I really don't care about them.

Orks could be cool too, you know! :D hehe. Chaos Space Marines too.. But mainly and most important the Space marines.

Necromunda gang styles :D

suits the small squad based tactics more than 40K battlefield. But you can still apply things like hulking armoured marines and whatnot.

Im interested in a single squad from the 40k battlefield then :D

essentially the ufo2k set is almost 40k weapons minus a few things and adding a few things...

just disimilar graphics

Well, here something to reference then Weapons of the Imperium - Wiki

So its mostly a new graphic set and some modifications to the weapons.

Zora

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Friend and i started making a w40k weapons set as a pet project a while back. Working basically off the UFO2k wep sets and altering them. No art as of yet but we have a fairly solid stat system going. If requested i could post it up somewhere for people to look at.

(btw first time poster, only found out about this mid last year.)