XCOMUFO & Xenocide

New To The Forums, Anyone Tried This?

Guest Gro Harlem

Guest Gro Harlem

I never thought these games had such a following! I used to play X-COM: UFO Defense on the Playstation for nights and nights w/my buddy! OMG it was so slow and ridiculous to play on the PSX. You could only save one game at a time and it took 5+ minutes to load a single mission!

Anyways. I recently saw X-com on bittorrent so I downloaded the collectors edition & got the fixes from your site! Thanks! I've been playing the first one non-stop since!

I have always been intrigued by the idea of X-COM: Alliance (i have the poster hanging on my wall from my X-com collectors Edition when I bought it in 98'). And since Atari now owns it, I don't see why "there is no chance in heck" another game would ever be made.

I have an idea for how to POSSIBLY get them interested in another game. If I (and maybe a few of you) emailed WELL-WRITTEN emails or letters to a few various gaming magazines perhaps one of them will publish them in their magazine....readers will read them and think "holy shuckeroonies i remember that game! f$ck yea I want it!" and spur interest. Besides, most of those magazines (especially EGM) editors LOVE the game and have put it on their top 100 lists of all time so I don't see why it wouldnt' at least be worth a shot.

Way I see it, if another is made, it'll be completely from scratch as Alliance's Unreal 1 engine is way too old to use. But either way, who cares! As long as another TRUE game is made.

And now this topic is in the correct forum. Continue on everyone! :)

- Zombie

• 3 weeks later...
Atari has never showed any interest in using its rights to Xcom for anythign more than sitting on a shelf collecting dust, i'm afraid :(

• 1 year later...

well, i think that atari like to buy games to kill them

I already saw Total Annihilation, wich is a very good strategy game, but them atari brought it and now it's dead

and now there's also X-com wich they killed

If they made a oficial new version with would be awesome, but they are to busy doing nothing