XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Lets Think Up A New Terrorist For The Mutons

Ok this topic it for thinking up a new terrorist for the mutons, because lets face it, celatids and sillacoids suck.

So to start things off,

Mauler: A small, quick alien (like the size of a small dog) who either latches onto agents who don't have powerarmor and quickly (in like 2 turns) kills them by biting them to death. Or, he latches onto an agents back, and after 2 turns (if not shot off first) explodes with the force of an alien grenade.

Alien Recon drone: A small drone that can fly, carries a weak, plasma pistol like weapon, and has great tus but horrible accuracy. Does not explode when killed.

Muton : Technically not a terrorist, the Sargent (for lack of a better alien rank) can inspire nearby mutons to fight more effectively (more tus) In addition, his stats are slightly higher than a normal muton.

Muton : Technically not a terrorist, the Sargent (for lack of a better alien rank) can inspire nearby mutons to fight more effectively (more tus) In addition, his stats are slightly higher than a normal muton.

That could be made a general trait of Muton Leaders, if we choose to include them.

In fact, that could be made a trait for all leaders, including your own, that would give some more purpose to ranks.

Obviuously Muton leaders' bonus would be greatest, while Floater leaders' bonus the smallest

a lurker type thing (if you have played starcraft you'll know what im talking about) that burrows underground and shoots spines in a row with low range and can only be shot when they unburrow, they could have like a timing for them that they can only burrow for 1-3 turns and are detected by motion scanner? or a tiny creature that hops from tree top to tree top and jumps on peoples heads and makes them explode! :explode:

a lurker type thing (if you have played starcraft you'll know what im talking about) that burrows underground and shoots spines in a row with low range and can only be shot when they unburrow, they could have like a timing for them that they can only burrow for 1-3 turns and are detected by motion scanner? or a tiny creature that hops from tree top to tree top and jumps on peoples heads and makes them explode!  :explode:

starcraft with brood war :P still a cool idea.

anyways, a terrorist idea. hmmm... how about some kind of mastodont alien that just runs towards your men and tramples them (doesn't kill them instantly, but heavily damages them)? it would be fun to see it run around looking for soldiers to trample, and safer way to kill them would be at distance, with grenades or something ;)

How about an alien that is immune to Plasma but weak against lasers. This would bring lasers back into the game at the late stage and force the player not to rely on Plasma's in the later game. AFAIK there is no Terrorist that has Psi capabilities, so why not add that as well? Muton's don't use it so T missions against Mutons would be that much harder I think. Not Mind Control tho, what about a blind type attack where the recivee can't see for more than a meter in front of them for a turn? Maybe live alien research unlocks this ability for the humans?

I know, but I couldn't think of any others. The Sectopod was blatently the most meathead terror unit and I don't think this one should rival that. I do think that a combination of Psi power, a big gun and with the weakness for lasers will make it more interesting. As soon as I saw a sectopod I chipped off anyway since you don't lose many points for dusting off so I never really had the problem :D Lost far too many good soldiers to Etherial T missions :laser:

i like the "dog idea". What about a mixture of a cyberdisk, and the cryssaloid? A cyberloid? :P

it will not convert your men, but charge at amazing speed (faster then cryssaloids) towerds your men. it could be a tiny orb (a blasterbomb wannabie?), or a mini cyberdisk, or even an alien dog with a bomb on its back.

when it reaches your men, it goes BOOM

i like the suicide alien idea. killing it would also blow it up (like a bio-drone) so u would have to remain at a safe distance.

"There have been many explosions near USA's key buildings. Some witnesses say they saw some sort of alien dog self-detonating. The goverment says they are terrorist attacks. We'll be right back with more coverage of this latest incident." :LOL:

We can just improve on those two. Silicoids sound a heck of a lot like the Horta from the old Star Trek series. We can make the Silicoids, like the horta, able to walk through walls and dirt and so on. Think about that during a base invasion they can tunnel through the dirt and spoil your choke point and BTW leaving a tunnel for the big green men to come through.

Celatids, I'd say just improve their reactions a lot and that would do.

Hmmm, a tunneling alien... it would make sense for the silacoid AND could make for some interesting surprises (for the aliens, that is :devillaugh: )

I had an idea while playing TFTD, the Tasoth autopsy states they can be revived briefly, what if the Mutons have some sort of cybernetic neural backup that can be activated by the Celatids... suddenly that Muton you thought was dead wakes up again behind your back :plasma:

Then again, it might be a bit cheesy

The lab is for all new ideas, even cheesy ones.

Hmm,

Psi Shield: Not really a terrorist, but a stationary device that the mutons would start using (in bases and terrorsites) after you get psi. It gives all psi attacks 50% less chance to succede.

Muton Combat Drone: A small tracked/wheeled unit (like a human tank) that carries a powerful plasma beam, less armor than a sectopod, but is not vlunerable to lasers. It is only vlunerable to armor piercing. :)

Edit: Based on Jim's idea

Alien Super Soldier (working title): An alien that is strong, fast (tons of tus), carries weapons, is nearly immune to plasma weapons while being highly vlunerable to lasers, and has tons of armor (power armor actually), and can do melee and psi attacks (but not too often though.) He has tons of health but there can never be more than say 2 on a map at once. (Otherwise the game would get insanely hard :))

Edited by Cpl. Facehugger

How about a cloaker? Can't attack when it's cloaked. So you'll need your people to have reaction.

How about something that multiplies a limited number of times everytime you shoot it?

I like the idea of having leaders add a little something to your team (and the alien team's performance). I suppose that'll have something to do mostly with morale.

How about an evil race of hamsters? hehe

I don't really like cloaking, it could get to be annoying and unbalancing (like xcom 1 before and after psi)

Ok another one: Spamitoid (inspired by you spamstick!), this alien has a incredibly weak attack, but it fires really quickly and has many tus.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe somthing like a small black demon which can climb up walls and over buildings.

It attacks by leaping onto the target and trying to rip out ithe targets throat and eyes

Its defence is small size, evasion and speed

How about a Super Muton?

A new experimental Muton soldier with major cybernetic enhancements (like maybe a motion detector) and some external armour plating. Bigger, stronger and faster than normal Mutons but new in design so short in numbers.

You could even add a little twist like the Super Mutons being a hybrid of Earth tech and Alien tech from the aliens point of view or being inspired by human ideas.

• 3 months later...

I really liked that Super Muton... Could it be that all the standard mutons be replaced with these gradually after some specific tech level?

About new terrorist units, i think silacoid could be modified, like with underground movement and celatid´s good point was multiplying like bacteria... Maybe it should consume biomass (Trees, civilians) to make offspring. It would be weak pathetic itself still, but now coming in masses.

Or maybe grow in size and power as it feeds upon the helpless... after 5 civilians eaten it would be 10 times larger or so. Also having regenerative abilities of a bacteria would be cool, like 50% damage regenerated a turn. Not much a problem with standard weak celatid, but a serious challenge with one that has grown 1000+ HP:s. Will definitely need multiple heavy weapons to defeat...

Pvt. Forest: My God, what is THAT?

Cpt. Anderson: I have no clue, but it is BIG! RUN FOREST, RUN!!!

To complement the muton's "strong standalone fighter" ethos, there could be loads of small, fast, weak things to distract the opponents (maybe giant mosquitos or stuff like in Aftermath, eww...).

I don't know which is better, a chryssalid that can jump, or the kind of AI that makes chryssalids avoid places where you can fly. :huh?: Both combined would be too much :)

I like the mosquito idea, it could be some sort of flying nest that can fire up to 500 small mosquitos with depleted uranium darts in all directions randomly.

Dealing 1-2 points of damage each. They could damage frends and foes.

They would be vulnerable to fire weapons. :flame: :fang:

I love the wall and ceiling crawling creature it could realy do some damage.

If there was a leader In the alien group, could they be less organized if it gets killed early in the mission?

It could be the same for X-com troops.