XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Concept Art / Fan Art

gu35s

I envision the psi training facility as having a central spire that contains all of the lifesupport and monitoring feeds going up to a second story monitoring platform contianing all the computers and monitering stations and having catwalks that extend from there to a walkway that goes around the modules walls contianing more screens to monitor the tests.

around the base of the spire I see either 10 pods coming out or 10 baths to submerge the trainee. after all psi training is supposed to focus the mind and what better wa to focus that butto remove almost all outside stimuli.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm. That makes sense. Something more like this perhaps?

Psionic Training Facility Floor Plan

I am a bit busy right now, so that's the best I can make in a jiffy. Maybe I can design a 3 levels one which would makes more sense for bigger lifesupport and other psionic equipments.

Is the psionic amplifier (3D version of original + wrist cap) and mind probe (blue ball with handprint) the final ones? I have the idea of maybe the psiamp should be an extension of mind probe with the psi-enzyme added to it.

(O) :probe:

=(O)-\ :psi-amp: similar blue probe but added more complex tech and the enzyme inside.

<>==|(O)| :psi-projector: (for training in psi-training fclty)

Hmm. That makes sense. Something more like this perhaps?

Psionic Training Facility Floor Plan

I am a bit busy right now, so that's the best I can make in a jiffy. Maybe I can design a 3 levels one which would makes more sense for bigger lifesupport and other psionic equipments.

Is the psionic amplifier (3D version of original + wrist cap) and mind probe (blue ball with handprint) the final ones? I have the idea of maybe the psiamp should be an extension of mind probe with the psi-enzyme added to it.

(O) :probe:

=(O)-\ :psi-amp: similar blue probe but added more complex tech and the enzyme inside.

==|(O)| :psi-projector: (for training in psi-training fclty)

thats kind of the idea thoguh I was thinking that there wouldn't be a protective wall.. maybe a top on the pod can supply that

and I thought less dimand layout.

hm. how bout the entry point of the pods would be on the first level and the pod itself is in the basement? I was also thinking a bit side heavy than being too symetrical. similar to the defences facilities. One side with the pods, and the other with the controls.

______

|__C__|

|/ ooo \|

|ooOoo|

|_ooo_|

Something like that.

The build of the pod is spherical, and when an agent get into a pod, there will be no light at all inside. Complete darkness. And the outer layer of the pods are insulated with sound absorber rendering no sound coming into the pod at all. And with the fluid being completely full, blind and deaf effect is made. The pod is filled with breathable fluid and the temperature of the fluid is constanly adjusted to be the same as the agent's, which would create a weightless and rob all touch receptor from feeling. There maybe a slight pressure/awkwardness in the lungs since it's not used to having the fluid in it. A scanner will constantly scanning agent's vitals, brain, and psi-wave. And when all is okay, they turn on somekind of psi-projector and force the agent to use his psi-power to defend himself. Maybe the psi-projector would cause somekind of nausea for beginners and add up to major headache as they progress. Then maybe there's another room or equipment that can be used by the agents to train their psi to offense mode.

I am not very sure about lifesupport system, but if the pods ARE in the basement, then we can just put a big machinery in the basement if the player can get down there. If not, then maybe something cone shaped by lots of tubes going up to second floor and there's a monitoring catwalk around the lifesupport.

I should be able to get a basic floor plan done, maybe after dinner or by tomorrow. Or would you prefer to do it, Vaaish?

Edited by gu35s

well, the idea is from Vaaish. And the colors are just to code, not actual color. :\

Anyway, OPEN SESAME :D

As for second floor, it's monitoring. I was thinking to pull the balcony all the way down and made a storage or an additional room under it. But the space seems quite tight. Maybe I scaled it wrongly?

Edited by gu35s

what do you mean? the cover are just suppossed to be glass. Then when the agent walks in the cover closes and pink liquid flows in. The breatheable fluid just like in the Abyss movie :) Tho they were just using pink water and that was unbreathable :P The real one is called oxygenated fluorocarbon emulsion or something of the sort :\ Edited by gu35s

Kay. Here's a modified one. Or maybe entirely new :P

View 1

View 2

Close Up

Colors are just to show different thingies and group em together. I am still learning how to texture and no luck so far. So if someone wants to texture it instead, just say it and I'll attach a file of your choosing (if I can provide it :P) I am using blender3d so export shouldn't be a problem... right?

Anyway, those dual things on the left in close up are doors to under the monitoring station above. I haven't have anything in it yet, but I was thinking of putting servers and other mechanical stuff inside. Then maybe the other room would be a offensive training where the agents try their psi-skills on animals/humans/aliens. Took me 3 hours to finish as such, so enjoy ;) and please comment! :D

Edited by gu35s

Anyway, those dual things on the left in close up are doors to under the monitoring station above. I haven't have anything in it yet, but I was thinking of putting servers and other mechanical stuff inside.

Oh yes, please do so :)

Then maybe the other room would be a offensive training where the agents try their psi-skills on animals/humans/aliens.
Do they really need one? Can't they practise between each other? xD In addition, this is all about stimulation and "psi pattern simulation", so I guess we don't need much more, just eye-candies

Very good work overall xD

Do they really need one? Can't they practise between each other? xD In addition, this is all about stimulation and "psi pattern simulation", so I guess we don't need much more, just eye-candies

Hmm. That would be intersting :P

S1: "Hey, let me try my psi-skill on you."

S2: "heck no. Last time you did that I ended up in the ladies and got trashed."

S1: "Hey come on. I was just helping you get some action."

S2: "No, thaa.................. Yes, Master. I will obey........"

Something like that? :P

Well, I guess both room can be identical in servers and mechanicals.

Very good work overall xD

Kay. Here's a modified one. Or maybe entirely new :P

View 1

View 2

Close Up

Colors are just to show different thingies and group em together. I am still learning how to texture and no luck so far. So if someone wants to texture it instead, just say it and I'll attach a file of your choosing (if I can provide it :P) I am using blender3d so export shouldn't be a problem... right?

Anyway, those dual things on the left in close up are doors to under the monitoring station above. I haven't have anything in it yet, but I was thinking of putting servers and other mechanical stuff inside. Then maybe the other room would be a offensive training where the agents try their psi-skills on animals/humans/aliens. Took me 3 hours to finish as such, so enjoy ;) and please comment! :D

I like that one quite a bit. there are a few changes I think you need to make though. Instead of ramps make elevator pads its daves room on how to cram in a wide enough ramp (look at the rest of the base facilities to see how wide the ramps are. I also thing there needs to be a re changes to the pods. instead of vertical, angle them slightly so that the occupant reclines at maybe 20 degrees off vertical. Also maybe adjust the shape a bit vertical tubes have their uses bit I think these needs a bit more spice. Try a sort of arrowhead shape though much more narrow.

both of those under rooms should contain machinery... I like having them with servers do the same with the other one so half theservers run half the pods.

Edited by Vaaish

Hey guess, just a comment on the server room, they will need to coincide with the ones they are putting in the research facility, have u checked that or asked som1 to show you?

Well, this took a while. anyway, have a look.

Full View 1

Full View 2

Close Up 1

Close Up 2

Server Room

Server Room Close Up

Righto. Been stuck with getting it better for 5 hours tho i think it still doesnt look right. Anyway, TREMULOUS HERE I COME!

you are spending too much time on details here most likly we are going to have to remodel the whole thing so spend less time on details and more on placement.

your new arangement is going to make it dificult to have a good flow tactically though the module. if you cluster the pods into the circle as we talked about earlier and keep the center spire you present somethingthat fills the center, gives more space to a squad entering hte chamber while providing cover from anything on the other side. .

Kay. I'll take a look again. I really hated that onigiri look anyway :P

Here's a change of pace.

Warehouse_ss01

Warehouse_ss02

Warehouse_ss03

Warehouse_ss04

Oh, and when I read the active: art - base facilities texturing thread, I noticed the server model was not finalized. And since I can't post in there, so maybe I can propose this server model in here :)

*Yawn* 3.am. 2 1/2 hours.

PsiLab_v4 ss 01

PsiLab_v4 ss 02

PsiLab_v4 ss 03

PsiLab_v4 ss 04

Trouble/Problem Spot

By tilting the pods, it require more space. Can't seem to fit 10 in first level, so I redesigned it and stacked it for now. The size of less tilt and fit together still require about the same diameter as the center circle.

Maybe I just scaled it wrongly. Are the pods too big?

gnite.

I think its pretty good. shorten the width of the balcony across from the top row of pods that should pull them awa from the wall and fit it in better. another way would have the pods rotate so that the all touched in the center that could buy you a bit of space to add a floating catwalk around the pods to access them and pull things in from that door.

Maybe rotate the lower pods to face outward and touch center. Then there would be more room for movement below. I'll get on it when I get home.

So, what do you think of the server model above, Vaaish?

The microscope still needs texturing though... If you want to give texturing a try... It is already unrawped... Edited by Shinzon

shinzon has a good one, yours is a bit too atlantean :)

Oh really? hehe. I wasn't even thinkin when I built that. Just extrude extrude extrude. Hm, this looks good :P

The microscope still needs texturing though... If you want to give texturing a try... It is already unrawped...

I have trouble texturing in blender. Maybe I can try the already unwraped ones and see how it goes. Can you attach/upload it, Shinzon?

Well, here's how it looks after I move around the stuff. It really have more space :D

Psilab_v3.4.2(wf) View 1

Psilab_v3.4.2(wf) View 2

Psilab_v3.4.2(wf) View 3

Psilab_v3.4.2(wf) OrthoView

And here's a rendered version after I move the computers and add some chairs.

Psilab_v3.4.2(rnd) View 1

Psilab_v3.4.2(rnd) View 2

And I attached the zip for it. within is the whole thing in .blend and .3ds files

psilab_v3.4.2.zip

another no comment post. *sigh*

Here's a stun launcher then. not much details, but not too bad. I think...

Stun Launcher+Bomb _view1

Stun Launcher+Bomb _view2

Stun Launcher+Bomb _view3

Stun Launcher+Bomb _view4

Oh, and if someone textured the psionic training facility, or any one of the objects in it. Please post it here. I wanna see too :D

Edit: After seeing it again, I wonder if the aliens made a "007- Thanatos Golden Stun Launcher" Movie :P

Edited by gu35s

Sorry, I do like all your models, but unless Mr. Vaaish says he does, it's no use :( Keep up the good work, wish you joined us, all the art guys seem to be missing. Edited by Azrael

@Azrael: Well, I think he did like the psilab or else he wouldn't be giving feedbacks for the changes :) But then again, he maybe just giving comments his own way :P Though I gotta say, it's been a while since I opened this thread, and never missed a day of posting, makes me feel somewhat burnt out to run around without direction.

@Blue.Shark: Don't worry :D Even with poor english, just comment on what you think as much as you can. I don't mind it :D I appriciate all comments and help :)

Here's my finale for Stun Launcher until someone said something about it....

Stun Launcher_v3

The ammo slot is right under the Stun Bomb. I imagined it to work like a rifle clip. Press and slide. Well, either that or just insert ammo from nozzel :P

The vents near the handle are supposed to help user to withstand the force of the launcher. The tubes on top send compress air (or zenium) down and fire the bullet out and the extra energy will be diverted to the vents behind so the force would nullify most of the reverse shock.

Edited by gu35s

Even though most of your stuff still doesn't fit with the xenolook you are doing hte best thing you can right now by practicing. It'll help you improve and continue to study what our existing models look like styalistically and work from that. Don't work through five different things pick only one and work on that one until it matches it;ll be more effective than rushing through multiple items without researching.

Even though most of your stuff still doesn't fit with the xenolook you are doing hte best thing you can right now by practicing. It'll help you improve and continue to study what our existing models look like styalistically and work from that. Don't work through five different things pick only one and work on that one until it matches it;ll be more effective than rushing through multiple items without researching.

Okay.... then rather than saying "redo till I see it's right", how bout giving comments and feedback. I have been asking for comments and feedback since the earlier post. What to improve or change. How do you think "it" should be. What or where doesn't work.

The feedback that you provided for Psionic Training Facility was very great and I constantly modify according to your feedback. And the result, I got more and more ideas to improve it. However, in the end I am still not sure if it fits since there's been no feedback for it except "I think it's pretty good."

Maybe I replied to posts too fast? :P Either way I am enthusiastic about this but without proper push it's not gonna go anywhere. I hope I get a better sense of texturing soon cause that maybe the problem. But who knows...

It does? Well, I have to get back to you on that one. I was actually modelling it from Pulse weaponaries and maybe GAIA Launcher. That may be why it looks like a craft weapon. I gotto go now, so I ll check back later.

Well, how bout this one then?

Stun Launcher _v5

Lifted the front so it looks similar to plasma pistol with the handle sleeve lower. And since the pointy claws are a pain and don't fit the launcher, I just made the front pointy. And the exhaust is smaller too.

Edited by gu35s

Perhaps you could remove the back section

post-5682-1157985997_thumb.jpg

and add a handle instead (kinda like so...)

post-5682-1157986061_thumb.jpg

although maybe that looks too much like the original Small Launcher, in which case it might be neat if you remove the front section and still make the front spiny, but use the long spines like you did for the previous version.

Wouldn't that takes away the whole handle sleeve theme for alien weaponaries? If I remember correctly, all the plasmas and gravity distortion launcher also use handle sleeve. Though I am not very sure.

Vaaish?

I would keep the sleeve handle but that whole plasma family needs to be refined as the concepts up there right now are pretty rough. Start fron scratch with the basic sleeve and see if we can make that more interesting, lets try to use the crystal theme again and then from the basic sleeve lets see if we can "grow" weapons out of it so the sleeve is standard but can fit different weapons.

Wouldn't that takes away the whole handle sleeve theme for alien weaponaries? If I remember correctly, all the plasmas and gravity distortion launcher also use handle sleeve. Though I am not very sure.

Vaaish?

Hmm. You're right. Never mind that then. What about the spines/prongs? Could they be longer?

I would keep the sleeve handle but that whole plasma family needs to be refined as the concepts up there right now are pretty rough. Start fron scratch with the basic sleeve and see if we can make that more interesting, lets try to use the crystal theme again and then from the basic sleeve lets see if we can "grow" weapons out of it so the sleeve is standard but can fit different weapons.

You mean remake all the weaponaries from scratch starting from handle sleeve using a hexagonal based design?

Something like this?

Stun Launcher _v6

@NinthRank: I quite agree with Azrael. longer prongs makes it look too aggresive and threatening. imo, stun launcher should look slightly aggresive but not threatening.

Come to think of it, all the plasmas weaponaries have claws. What are those for? Not like you going close range and stab/slash somebody... though that would be a great use for it. If it's only for looks then I guess it's okay too.

Edit: Somehow after a second look, the stun launcher looks like a blooming flower.... :P

Edited by gu35s

don't think of it so much as a cuff think more of something that would adjust its structure to "meld" temporarily with the arm. think of the casing as almost the entire forearm wit the parts of the weapon emerging farther back on teh arn to provide more stability than hanging all the weight off the front. Edited by Vaaish

You mean remake all the weaponaries from scratch starting from handle sleeve using a hexagonal based design?

Um... I'm pretty sure that's not exactly what he meant. :) I think the rounded look is much better (as the alien weapons should look smooth and "grown," right?), so I'm not sure what "crystal" refers to, Vaaish. As for the sleeve contouring to the user's arm during use, that would definitely look awesome if we could see it ingame.

Edit: The latest render somehow reminds me of the Disrupter Gun from Apoc. Might be useful in the future, perhaps?

Edited by NinthRank

It seems that my creativity is being blocked somewhere in my head. I have to redo the sleeve first to advance, but here's where the block ends.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7569/gunrr4.jpg