XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Does X-com Work On Xp?

Guest rob

I just picked up UFO aftermath and it got me in the mood for the original X-Com.I want to order it for the PC but I was not sure if it would work with XP.Any help is appreciated. I am sure this question has been asked a million times so I am willing to accept verbal assaults about my intelligence level as long as the answer is provided. Thanks :Blush:

You are stupid. :D J/K

Anyway, the dos version doesn't really work too well in windows. Therefore you should get the CE (aka gold edition) from one of the links in the xc1 tech support forum. Also, you will need to get either f0dder's loader or Xcomutil (which comes with f0dder's loader) or the game will not work properly. Xcomutil and f0dder's loader can be found on this site.

And...in order not to if-you-see-Kay up the graphics in the game, you gotta inactivate directxdraw.

in "run" yoiu type dxdiag.exe

and the under screen (or something similar) you deactivate direct draw.

And then it all works just fine!

Have fun  :happybanana:

f0dder's loader does that for you ;)

Dircetly on top of the Xcom 1: Tech Support forum should be a sticky.

go to My Webpage

Watch out for the desktop error though. Everyone once in a while you will get kicked off the game back to the desktop like you never played the game. Save frequently. :D

Edit* I have no idea why the website says "my webpage," but it's at www.xcomdl.com

Edited by Luke

Dircetly on top of the Xcom 1: Tech Support forum should be a sticky.

go to My Webpage

Watch out for the desktop error though. Everyone once in a while you will get kicked off the game back to the desktop like you never played the game. Save frequently. :D

Edit* I have no idea why the website says "my webpage," but it's at www.xcomdl.com

I can't access www.xcomdl.com is anyone else having problems gaining access? :huh?: