XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Why Can't I Get More Than 1 Shot From Launcher?

Guest NLV

WELL into the gold version, and using hatfarm's ver 2.5 editor. On missions, I bring along a blaster launcher with 3 rounds. (1 loaded into weapon, the other 2 in the pack) I can successfully launch 1 round, (usually to punch a ship's hull for top level entry) but then I can't fire anymore. When I try to load the weapon, it says the weapon is already loaded, even though I've just fired. When I click on the weapon itself, the ONLY option it gives me is to throw it. The weapon remains "loaded" and useless for the duration of the mission.

I've looked around, and didn't see any posts that mentioned this particular problem. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

It's a bug, the game sees the weapon as loaded, but with no ammo. Equip the weapon, make sure your other hand is free, and drag the launcher over to the Unload button on the right side of the screen. Then try to load new ammo into it.

It's the 1-waypoint blaster bomb dud shell bug. It only happens when you use 1 waypoint. Just unload the empty shell and fire away again. Happens in the dos version as well.

This also happens every time you use opportunity fire with the blaster bomb. Yes, as rare as it may seem, you can get reaction shots with the blaster launcher. The shot will be counted as a 1-waypoint attack.

One way to solve this is to use 2 or more waypoints for all normal blaster attacks. Just angle it down into the target or something. One extra click can save several.

- NKF

Edited by NKF