XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Welcome To The Alien Model Tf Design Forum

Thank you all for coming. This is our forum, be it ever so humble ^_^

Feel free to add any topics you feel are missing, but please try and keep all documents within a topic on task. That said, no ideas are out of bounds; just try and keep the discussion as streamlined as possible.

Good Hunting!

• 2 weeks later...
I have merged the old existing topics about these aliens with the new topics you created here, fux0r. They all weren't active anymore, and this brings everything we had so far back together in one place, which is more convenient for us :)

Ah! that is where they went. I was digging through the 600+ topics in Unsorted looking for them :P Cutting them back apart would be a simple thing if they become a nuisance in any way.

Thank you all for your hard work on the Raptor concept. The work you did in the space of a few days was exemplary.

Let us take this momentum and regroup in the ventriculant forum. That thing needs a lot of TLC.

Also, we're making leaps and bounds on the silabrate concept and we have 12 to sort through with a few favourates. Stop by and give us your thoughts.

• 4 weeks later...

I do not know if you all have heard but Vaaish is our new dept. head. I, for one, am looking forward to working with him.

This means he now has access to our threads and will probably be giving us input. Let's welcome him on behalf of our deisgn team.

Vaaish has extended our mandate to include any and all alien concepts. After my test on wednesday I'll publish a chart showing you guys the progress of all of the aliens and how far along their concepts are.

Questions/Comments/Queries?

As Fux posted, ACTF is now responsible for ensuring that all aliens are complete, I know this adds alot more work to the task force but I'm not going to expect it all to be done within the original deadline. We can work out a reasponable date after I get the existing art organized and have a cleareer picture of where we are.

Keep up the good work folks!

• 1 month later...

Alright guys, this task seems overwhelming so let's break it down into smaller chunks.

Vaaish wants us to get one alien race and associated creatures modelled up so we can complete an alien 'package.'

I think this is a very good way of going about the entire task.

Let's highlight the grey and associated creatures and see if we can't get them all modelled and skinned up.

* Vaaish and Fux0r have completed the grey mesh.

*Vaaish completed the polyreduction of the terrordisc mesh.

GREY CONCEPTS TASK LIST:

GREY---------- MODEL: COMPLETED

SKIN: task available (________)

notes: skinning can now begin.

ARTOPOD----- MODEL: Incomplete/not up to standard.(MONKEYBOY)

SKIN: (n/a)

notes: the model is being redesigned from the ground up.

TERRORDISC- MODEL: COMPLETED

SKIN: task available (________)

notes: skinning can now begin.

Edited by fux0r666

I PM'd Vaaish regarding this in case plans have changed, but we currently have the Grey modelled, and Kamikazee has done animations as well. It currently lacks a skin and wepaons fire animation AFAIK.

Also, I don't think any low poly models were needed anymore, since Ogre includes a tool when exporting models which allows you to generate LOD models on the fly. Or was the idea to make high poly bumpmaps and apply them to low poly models?

I PM'd Vaaish regarding this in case plans have changed, but we currently have the Grey modelled, and Kamikazee has done animations as well. It currently lacks a skin and wepaons fire animation AFAIK.

Also, I don't think any low poly models were needed anymore, since Ogre includes a tool when exporting models which allows you to generate LOD models on the fly. Or was the idea to make high poly bumpmaps and apply them to low poly models?

I believe that we are experimenting with using normal maps for some things but I'm not sure how much progress has been made besides the occasional render,

• 2 weeks later...
As fux said, concentrate on low poly (1500 max for characters). We can use the in game models in Xnet for the time being but we can't use high poly Xnet models in game. As we get time we can update the Xnet to high res models.

• 3 months later...