XCOMUFO & Xenocide

The Results Table

Sporb

The table should have the scores for 7 days. So in other words, every day it gets updated. The more wins divided by losses will determine how much higher you should have than another person. If there is a tie, the amount of damage you inflict is also recorded as you go and it will determine the tie breaker. If you haven't played for 7 days, you shouldn't be up there at all. Once 0 games played is enacted, you are erased off the statistic board.

When someone exits a game, it will neither count as a win, nor loss. Which some players take advantage to be high in rank so they can be so called "popular"

My point of view is I don't worry about the statistic board...I know how good and bad I am so I don't care what rank I am. Many players have exited on me because they were losing so badly, so it wouldn't be exact rank for me even if I worried about it or not.

cant say i like ranking systems , they take some of the fun away coz it just gets soooo competitive. i'd rather play a mission with a crazy bugger wot blows stuff up and laughs about it then an uptight 'im out for wins' person. Some of my games take hours just coz i like to chat with my opponents.

Who is sporb? i was convinced that my net alias was fairly unique but now i see another sporb.

Another person named the same name as you? Hmm...did you change your user name recently by adding an uppercase letter to sporb? Two users:

Sporb

sporb

:WTF:

Either you changed your user name slightly, someone else came up with the name, someone is trying to copy your name, or someone is trying to imitate you.

i have 2 accounts Sporb and Sporb2000. the latter was due to a prob i had n was just used to test stuff. the other sporb aint bad though , 5 games , 4 wins - i wonder if i will ever get to bash him online somtime. still a little unnerving though. praps there could be a system set up on the server to stop ppl having such similar names IE not case sensitive like it is now

Yes, this brings up the point that usernames should not have similar names. Here are some rules for example:

- same letters but in different cases (lower case and uppercase)

- unecessary keys: []{}:;"'.?/()`~!@#$%^&*-=\_+|

First I found the results table really good and enjoyed my going up in it... but now i dont care @ it... why? because of the same thing that u guys were talking up :rolleyes: in this topic (exitting from the game when they were loosing against me only to stay up in the results table).

I think that they are crazy :KooKoo: , i just want to have FUN and exitting takes all fun away... :OhBrother:

If somebody exits on me for the resulsttable reason i play against him nomore...

Maybe :hmmm: the good thing would be to start a topic where we would write the nicks of the players that exit from a game (ofcourse not the ones :NoNo: that needed truly to exit because of something more important).

What do u guys think @ the idea of a blacklist?

Edited by Neithan

We really don't need a blacklist. People will get mad at us if someone lied that someone exited the game when they didn't intentionally do it. Many conflicts will result in it. The best thing to do to a player that quits on you is not to play them anymore.

We really don't need a blacklist. People will get mad at us if someone lied that someone exited the game when they didn't intentionally do it. Many conflicts will result in it. The best thing to do to a player that quits on you is not to play them anymore.

u r right, it was just an idea...it would only harm the players and they will stop playing UFO and it is not what I want :innocent:

OK WTF - ive just been booted off the ufo2000 server and when i try to log back on , it tells me a user with that name is already on - ARRRRGGH *lets off steam* :Brickwall: urge to kill ... rising

EDIT: is the server ok? it seems confused

Edited by Sporb

hmmm

it does that occasionally

you have to attempt to log on over and over again till it works, thats how i get past it

about ranks, who cares? since only the people who play and win one match get higher than anyones who plays ten and looses four, i don't really think it matters.... i'm 7 and 3 (because i play kratos mostly)

That's a good point, but what if they have an unstable connection? After my ISP capped my download speed (for going over their bandwidth limit), I was timing out like crazy. Out of five games I played with my friend, we were only able to finish two since I had timed out with the other three.

There will be a difference. When you exit the game...it says something like "error from remote player exiting the game"

But when you are having connection problems, or game crashings...then it will say something like "something bad happened to the remote player (etc)"

We will know who exited the game and who lost connection so don't worry about that ;)

OK so i met my first net scum bag today on ufo2000 server - goes by the name captain marc - which brings me to ask if it is possible to complain somhow in order to get somone removed - like a forum. EG you get complaints from many people you get the boot. the language and context used was disgusting an im right pissed off

marc? yeah, i quit a game against him when he started using nasty swear words in an immature way when i killed some of his soldiers... right in front of my brother in my living room too. He's the sort of guy that you never play again, i had a feeling that captain marc guy was the same

same here

i do not like any swearing, but i am rather tolerant

however, he did it only because i killed one man at the beginning of my turn

hmmm, or maybe he'll find someone who can either out-swear him only on a special occasion to make him crap his pants and wet his seat, or, like exo said, we could ignore him. I prefer the leave him alone until he never swears again