XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Interface Design/redesign

oddjob

In the current build of the geoscape, is the interface on the right final? I think the planet looks great, but theres some things that I think could go into the interface itself. If this is pretty much the uniform look for the game, thats great, cause that interface is really gonna have to carry over from geoscape, to the building screen to the battlescape. Pretty much everything. I think all the information is presented well, just a few things i could knick pick at. Anyway, just a question...

Guest drewid

Depends which version you've seen.

It's more or less final for now I think, but could be revisited later.

Interfaces are one of those things that get tired very quickly in development,

I would suggest there would be room for tweaks only if something is obviously missing or surplus to requirements, but otherwise hold off till late in the project otherwise you just end up continuously fiddling through the whole project and it gets really messy.

Still happy to get suggestions though (to me or Deimos primarily).

Don't get me started on the subject of UI redesigning for donkey's sake. :P If you look at how long it took to just get the main panel look to it's current state you'd understand why I don't want to drag that one open again :D Like Drewid said it does drag a bit and currently it's like chewing tyre rubber :)

As Drewid will attest to I've been bouncing around wanting to tweak the design over and over. For now at least can we leave the ui design the way it is. I know it isn't perfect but it works for now and we can come back to it later. I would say post the ideas up and we'll save it till later but that'll open the can 'o' worms again. If you like pm or mail me with your ideas or write them down somewhere so you don't forget them and we can come back to it later.

I agree with you 100%. That really is last quarter of the race details, stuff that just needs to work now for the sake of working. Lets work on the battlescape for now :rock: