XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Congrats On 100,000 Hits.

Mylar

Just goes to show how a good fansite can breathe new life into an old game.....

I occasionally search around the web using the names of games I liked back in the day....

I've found that if you put in the name of a good old game through a search engine, you can often find referances to it in reviews of similar new games.....

This has actually been an efficient method of finding good games for me.

One day, a couple months ago, I was looking for something to keep me occupied while MOO3 was delayed yet again.... I was searching using x-com because I was in the mood for something turnbased, and lo and behold I found this nice little fansite....

Got me started playing x-com again......

Then a couple friends came over, one said "Wow, you been cleaning out your basement? I can't believe yer UFO disks still worked...."

The other one said "What the heck is that? Jeebus those are crappy graphix."

The first is re-addicted, the second is newly converted.....

Then a few days later my brother calls to see why we have not been on DAoC as much, there was a relic under attack, where the heck was the death squad?

Right about then I killed an alien and he heard the death cry......

He stopped mid bitch-fest had a nice silent, stunned moment, and said " X-com?"

He is playing Apoc now.... (yeah, I finally found out who stole my latest apoc disk...)

Anyway, just thought I'd share my little tale of 4 players brought back to the series by this site and extend my congrats on the hits milestone....

¿? Mylar the Incomprehensible ¿?