I need a volunteer to create an instructions for newcomer programmers on how to get started. We would put that text on the website and it will save us time to retype it everytime.
Anyone volunteers? Post your text here, so everyone can review it and fix any issues.
Here is the first shot:
1. Contact admin to make you a recruit.
2. Read through the forums on http://www.xcomufo.com/forums
3. Read through the programming mailing list.
4. Download OGRE from http://www.ogre3d.org/ and compile it.
5. Create environment variable %OGRE% and point it to <more info later>.
6. Extract the latest version of Xenocide from CVS at http://www.SourceFor...ojects/xenocide.
7. Create environment variable %XENOCIDE% and point to the directory where you extracted Xenocide files from CVS.
8. Use Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 to compile OGRE and Xenocide.
Edited by mamutas, 11 April 2004 - 12:06 PM.