XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Disrupters Innacurate

Guest Genericata

Guest Genericata

I'm running XCOM with the fixer for windows. When I shoot using a disruptor, after "drawing" out the route, the ammo fired will follow the path for a random amount, before turning off into a random direction. <_<

Is there something that can be done?

This is not unique to a particular saved game, but occurs also with new games, and even with a saved game downloaded just now off this forum.

Any advice, etc., will be appreciated. :)

-Joe

Try this: Plot a waypoint and then set another waypoint either above or below that last waypoint. Fire the torpedo.

If the torpedo swings off to the south (the lower left of the screen), then you've struck the vertical waypoint bug. This is an unfortunate side-effect of the conversion of the game from a dos to a Windows executable.

To avoid this problem, move up or down at an angle. It might take some practice to get the torpedo through small gaps in the ceiling this way, but it is possible.

- NKF

Guest Genericata

Yeah, tried the test NFK, and it went wrong like you suggested it might. I then tried shooting upwards at angles, and that (so far) seems OK. (So crossing fingers) I'm hoping I'll manage by playing around with that.

Thanks for your help,

-Joe