XCOMUFO & Xenocide

What Was Your Best Score Ever?

KGB

Just had mine ... 7930.

4 alien bases, 2 battleships (both ethreals) ... as you can see I had my hands full!

P.S.

Everyone was happy except one, USA signed a contract with aliens. Now this is odd since 95% of all the ufos I killed was in USA/CANADA area (including 2 bases).

My second base near the USA/Canada border, I have Hyper-wave decoder and I see EVERYTHING near by. According to my calculations they should be more then happy but they are not for some reason. No matter how many times I reload they always quit my allience.

P.S.S.

According to Kuo-Sheng strategy guide the most aliens ever seen on a terror ship is 24. However when I went to a terror mission I had : 5 Sectopods and 9 ethreals. That equals 29 by my calculations (Any 4-space creatures counts as 4 aliens for this). Got lucky, 3 sectopods were on the same gaz station, one auto shot killed them all and half of the map including all the buildings around them, it was just like an A-BOMB :hammer:

Edited by KGB

USA is your biggest funder, was the funding change positive or negative at the end of the month?

I don't remember how much my top score is, over 5000 is pretty common but iit could have been more sometimes during all these years of playing it :D

I probably could have gotten more points but I was preparing for the final assault.

Just entered the main base. I only brought blaster launchers : 20 ppl, 20 launchers and 60 bombs. I hope it's "gonna be a blast"

:devillaugh: :devillaugh: :devillaugh: :explode:

:master: :master: :master:

P.S.

All soldiers have psi strength of 90+. Took me 3 months and over 90 million $ to find all 20 :rock:

P.S.S

I'm broke now :boohoo:

Edited by KGB

Hehe... how about 18 people and two blaster tanks? That'd bring even more carnage! :)

Psi strength of 90? Wow, I'm simply happy with over 60! I like 80+ for my amp users.

My highest score was around 9000. I had four battleships land, and a bunch of other ones. I captured them whole, for maximum Elerium, and points. :devillaugh:

To bad it was only beginner... :boohoo:

I can't remember my scores exactly but I remember having around 10000 at the best. (a little less)

5 digits but I can't remember. Left my alien bases alone until I had Psionics, once, so in one month I cleared them all out, like 20 of them, along with everything else.

Dealing 20 alien bases in one month surely brings points ^_^

+ all downed ufos

Just finished the game, only 11 people "survived". Damn 2 etherels with 2 blaster launchers of their own. :crying:

The ending was really funny. All my soldiers (but one) were standing near the brain (one next to the other) then one of my soldiers (ironicly named GOD) decided to make an ultimate carnage. Fed up with all the killings, he went berzerk and killed all others including the brain.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I recall getting over 10,000 pts one month on superhuman. lost no countries, got a funding increase of about $1.5 million. I've already lost Japan and China because there are 2 bases in the China/Mongolia area. I took one of them out and I keep raiding supply ships at the other one. Also, I have 3 manufacturing bases and I'm manufacturing tons and tons of stuff.

Does manufacturing stuff give you points? :huh?:

I've gotten about 10,000 as well. When you get 4 floater battleships wanting to land... :devillaugh:

I got 6000 once on Veteran

P.S.-Do posts count when you use the fast post thingy?

Of course..

Edited by j'ordos

Of course..

HOw come sometimes they don't count for me then? Today is the first in months that my post count went up. 68(from yesterday) was mostly from my first month of this.

Of course..

HOw come sometimes they don't count for me then? Today is the first in months that my post count went up. 68(from yesterday) was mostly from my first month of this.

http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4085

stewart should really put a note about it on forums. a pinned thopic or something.

• 11 months later...
You want high monthly scores? Just leave alien bases laying around; sounds crazy but give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

And here I am happy with a couple thousand a month. ;)

If you want your points to skyrocket, let the aliens build their bases all over the globe, go after the supply ships when they land. To make it skyrocket even further, go on a continuous frenzy of Zombie's patented Smash and Grab missions. Just keep launching mission every time your troop transport (of a huge fleet of transports) is ready to launch.

I don't have the stamina or patience to do something like that, but it would certainly make quite the conversation piece at parties!

- NKF

If you want your points to skyrocket, let the aliens build their bases all over the globe, go after the supply ships when they land. To make it skyrocket even further, go on a continuous frenzy of Zombie's patented Smash and Grab missions. Just keep launching mission every time your troop transport (of a huge fleet of transports) is ready to launch.

Yup, in a good month with little alien activity I can easily amass 50000 points by doing continuous Smash 'n Grab alien base missions. This is with two Skyrangers in a X-COM base in Europe and the alien base at the North Pole. When your group which assaulted the base returns home, shuttle them over to the other Skyranger (which is now fully fueled and ready to go from the last mission), and then send them back for some more fun. I haven't tried this with an X-COM base built directy on top of an alien base with multiple Avengers (cutting the transportation time to basically nil, but you still have that nasty 30 minutes of rearm time and refueling time to cope with). I suspect that I could easily get into the 6-7 digit range for monthly score with this setup. Even more with multiple bases and strike forces. OMFG

I don't have the stamina or patience to do something like that, but it would certainly make quite the conversation piece at parties!

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't quite go over that well at parties. Best stick with other subjects and only bring up X-COM in extreme emergencies or a lull in the party. ^_^

- Zombie

• 3 years later...

I once had in my first month a score of 4700 and I almost intercepted a terror ship at the end of the month (which would add another 1000 with ground assault).

I had 16 UFOs that month and I ran out of money for missiles at the end.

Due to many tactical missions, my two top snipers had accuracy around 86 and the rest near/above 70.

But the game didn't fare well a month after that (I have learned a great deal since then).

Edited by oldfan