X-com Apocalypse Editors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Antiflax_*

Guest_Antiflax_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:15 AM

Hiyas, found this marvelous website and got x-com apoc up 'n running on my XP system and i'm having a blast! I've downloaded the Midnight Editor, but it lacks 1 important function, base layout. I remember that i've used some sort of editor (prolly DOS based) wich I could expand or limit the area buildable in bases.

So, does anyone know a good editor that 'doea all' and is fairly modern so it can run on XP?

#2 Guest_antiflax_*

Guest_antiflax_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:17 AM

This forum should really have an edit function so that one can correct their type-o's.

edit: So, does anyone know a good editor that 'does all' and is fairly modern so it can run on XP?

#3 Micah

Micah

Colonel

• [[Administrators]]
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 11:56 AM

This forum should really have an edit function so that one can correct their type-o's.

edit: So, does anyone know a good editor that 'does all' and is fairly modern so it can run on XP?

Being able to edit one's posts is a basic feature of anyone who is a registered member of the forums. If we let guests edit their posts, what would stop one guest from editing another guest's post? And how would the forum know you are the person who posted the anonymous post in the first place?

#4 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 01:15 PM

Hiyas, found this marvelous website and got x-com apoc up 'n running on my XP system and i'm having a blast! I've downloaded the Midnight Editor, but it lacks 1 important function, base layout. I remember that i've used some sort of editor (prolly DOS based) wich I could expand or limit the area buildable in bases.

So, does anyone know a good editor that 'doea all' and is fairly modern so it can run on XP?

version 0.62a of the midnight editor DID have that feature, I think, but most websites offer the old version 0.6. I also saw websites with version 0.63, but those links were down :whatwhat:

attachment removed.

Edited by j'ordos, 20 November 2003 - 10:35 AM.

"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)

#5 MegaDragon

MegaDragon

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 01:57 AM

I have found vertion 6.3 of the midnight editor:

Attached Files

#6 j'ordos

j'ordos

Alien Concept Task Force

• Xenocide Artwork Department
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:41 AM

Great, that's the end of a long search. :)
Anyway, I think this has a better place in xcom inspired games&editors...
"You can't trust your eyes if your imagination's out of focus" - Mark Twain
"The mind is like an umbrella, it functions best when open" - Walter Gropius
Posted Image
SNEKK BLOG U-LAR MEKHH! GAHGHH! RK!
GRRGH RGGHH SNORRTT GHACKHGG

Now presented in DoubleVision™ (where drunk)