XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xenocide Alpha 4 Geoscape

Why does the current Geoscape look so bad compared with the development screenshots on the site? What's up with all the weird colors and why is it so dark? Where are the coulds and the level of detail seen on the screenshots? And what's up with the black line going through the pacific sea?

I sure hope it's not final yet...

most of the stuff on the site are just concepts, including clouds.

its proberly dark because its at the night site of the globe (duh) It could also be your video cards fault.

I know nothing of a black line, this must be problems with your video card (this is for a programmer).

final? this is the ALPHA 4 of the GEOSCAPE. its a long way from beïng final (its version 0.0.4). Plus that the entire battlescape, basescape, and almost anything else have not been coded yet.

Edited by mikker

Obviously I meant it's dark no matter if it's day or night, only the color of the lightning seems to change. And Radeon cards are the best by the way :happybanana:

So the concept art are not screenshots but rather some pre-development pics with different ideas?

I didn't know it was an alpha just of the Geoscape, I figured you'd add the other stuff to it as well as you've already started on adding the X-net system and that you might be finished with the globe.

• 2 months later...

Although this topic is a little old the problem Whitewashed said about a black line is something i have too.

I have a Pentium 4 2.4Ghz,512MB ram and a ATI radeon 9700 pro with Catalyst 3.10

I have taken a pic of the problem.If someone can fix this should be nice.

http://www.angelfire.com/movies/alienshive/1aa.jpg

Viper we had changed graphics engine from that. That's why we are delayed and didnt issue a new alpha, because we are learning OGRE. And preparing everything, some internal screenshots of the geoscape UI had been delivered in private forums, but just to show the progress.

Greetings

Red Knight

• 4 months later...

Will some of the cool features that are in the screenshots- like lights on the nighttime side of the globe, and cloud cover, be making it into the game?

And also, I have to ask: You're bringing back the "right-click to center" control, right? That was the single best way to control the camera in UFO and TFTD, especially seeing you could center exactly on an alien base or landed/crashed craft, and then zoom in as your transport got closer :D

Edited by 54x

Heh :) I asked because it is much more useful in a sense than giving the rotation controls- this lets you control exactly where you want to rotate too, and by how much. Much more effective than clumsy arrow-clicking :D