XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom2 Crashs When Levelchange

Guest Guest_Andreas_*

Guest Guest_Andreas_*

hi, my xcom CE on windows xp always crash when in mission.

it happens mostly when ememys or soldiers change their levels (means going down a stairway or jumping down a roof or something...)

Same in the DOS version!!!

is there any bugfix for that?

pls help!

thx

andreas

Does it also crash when you press the little button to change your view? Not the overhead one, I mean the one on the far left with the arrows. Not with the person, though. Don't remember exactly. Try this: save right before walking up a flight of stairs. Then save in a different file, preferabl a blank one. It may be that your save file is corrupt. If not, try reinstalling your version of X-Com. If you've already played a bit and don't want to lose your data, just copy your save files (after you've checked for corruption).

I think I might have a similar problem. On a trade route mission, I beat the first level (no casualties), but when I got to the second, everyone immediately began to either panic or go beserk. It only happened once, though, and I could still change levels fine. . .I have XP as well, and it works more-or-less fine. Is your version dos or CE?

If the above ideas don't work (and they probably won't, I'm no expert), try PMing NKF--Pistol Guru, more helpful than Google when it comes to all things X-com. Tech problems aren't really his thing, though, so try j'ordos and Paladin as well.

• 5 months later...
I have searched the site, where is the ET version Please? I see on the homepage where it talks about Max and his work on the ET version but I can't find a link so I can download it. Please help