Capturing Overspawns

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Heresiarch_*

Guest_Heresiarch_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2002 - 11:11 PM

Everybody who played Xcom3 would remember that big crazy Overspawn. But I can't find a way to capture a living overspawn for research, so I still can only get information about a dead one. Could somebody give some help about get the information of a living overspawn?

#2 Brute

Brute

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 25 December 2002 - 07:01 AM

The overspawn researc is NEEDLESS, as it doesn't give acces to something. You can't catch an overspawn too.

The reason Xcom3 has a overspawn is it is a unique monster. It fights in geoscape and destroys your city like godzilla!!!
There is no emotion; there is peace...
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge...
There is no passion; there is serenity...
There is no death; there is the Force...

#3 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 02:25 PM

But for some reason theres a living overspawn's photo in Ufopaedia folder.
Maybe another forgotten feature?
I'm not back. I'm just dropping by.

#4 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 February 2003 - 05:37 PM

Ok I played Apocalypse for the 3rd time now but I never saw an overspawn?!? :freak:

What have I missed? :crazy: Do they burn? :rolleyes:
if there's a doubt, WIPE IT OUT...

#5 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 11:23 AM

Ok I played Apocalypse for the 3rd time now but I never saw an overspawn?!?  :freak:

What have I missed?  :crazy: Do they burn?  :rolleyes:

You have missed 200 meter tall guy roaming around city crushing everything and burning... Im playing Apocalypse first time and I never saw him too but I think his looking like that :D

#6 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 05:00 PM

Hahaha I have to see this! :o What do I have to do to see this overspawn? :uhoh:

#7 obijuan

obijuan

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:34 AM

Burn...
try looking for them in the larger UFOs ive never seen them on the city missions....

#8 obijuan

obijuan

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:35 AM

you cant miss them they are big ugly and have missle lunchers and devastators canons....

#9 obijuan

obijuan

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:37 AM

ups... i thought you were talking about megasawns.....sorry

what the heck is an overpawn?????? in does no appear on any guide

#10 Maverick

Maverick

Creative Text Department

• Xenocide Programming Department
  • 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:42 AM

The overspawn is deposited onto city streets by motherships -- it is a 6 armed godzilla that causes massive destruction and makes any organization attacked by the beast HATE you. (all you have to do to fix that is pay them $40,000 each) They are cool to see -- I saw 3 during the whole game. You don't need the research, but I think it would be fun to load when he's there and let him destroy the whole city.....see if you can get him to do it.

#11 Maverick

Maverick

Creative Text Department

• 619 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 10:44 AM

Here is a pic of the big teddy bear.

Attached Images

• ost.jpg

#12 Megaspawn

Megaspawn

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:18 AM

In my current game, I let a mothership and battleship wander around the cityscape (I'm hoping they will shoot at Marsec and end the Marsec-alien alliance)

After about a minute of wandering around, the mothership dropped an overspawn, which crushed a few buildings before the orgs finally took it out.

If you want one, just stay out of a mothership's way until the m-ship drops its overspawn.

#13 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 11:40 AM

In my current game, I let a mothership and battleship wander around the cityscape (I'm hoping they will shoot at Marsec and end the Marsec-alien alliance)

After about a minute of wandering around, the mothership dropped an overspawn, which crushed a few buildings before the orgs finally took it out.

If you want one, just stay out of a mothership's way until the m-ship drops its overspawn.

Oh, well... Nothing special to me :P. Once one m-ship came through D-Gate ALONE and dorped one guy. Weak... My 3 Retaliators and 2 Annihilators killed him easly :P

#14 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 04:29 PM

So my mistake was to shoot those motherships down in flames! :uzzi: :alientalk: :devilsmile:

Hehe in my next game I'll try to be nice and let the mothership drop it's overspawn off to see if the overspawn also burns. :crazy:

#15 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:23 AM

So my mistake was to shoot those motherships down in flames!  :uzzi:  :alientalk:  :devilsmile:

Hehe in my next game I'll try to be nice and let the mothership drop it's overspawn off to see if the overspawn also burns.  :crazy:

Nah... Just explodes :crying:

#16 Maverick

Maverick

Creative Text Department

• 619 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 05:46 AM

Yeah, they weren't too much trouble for me either. The first one showed up when I only had hoverbikes; the other two showed up when I had 36 annihilators, I think the missed shots after he died did more damage to the city than he did (maybe that's why every company hated me after the overspawns showed up....)

#17 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 09:49 AM

Yeah, they weren't too much trouble for me either.  The first one showed up when I only had hoverbikes; the other two showed up when I had 36 annihilators, I think the missed shots after he died did more damage to the city than he did (maybe that's why every company hated me after the overspawns showed up....)

36 Annihilators? :huh: How long did you play for sake?! I had enough of producing 'em after making 3...

#18 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 06:37 PM

36 Annihilators? Maverick: the goal of the game isn't to raid Sirius and all organizations all the time to get rich and build Annihilator after Annihilator. :D *joke*

So the Aliens had no chance against you. B) :alienoooh:

I had 10 Annihilators and thought that was good. ;) :uhoh:

By the way Maverick: How many bases did you use to produce your Annihilator fleet? :)

#19 obijuan

obijuan

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 08:46 AM

have benn playin apoc for a while but never seen one....i have left a mothership fly around but it just drop some eggs and get back to its portal....:cussing: :devillaugh: whats the easiest difficulty in which they appear??? :huh?:

#20 Mark0

Mark0

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 09:07 AM

i have never seen a mother ship, yesterday there was 2 battleship witch came and started destroying the city.

im playin the easiest game, i doubt that there will be Mothership coming to me:uhoh:
it would be nice to see those

#21 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 12:02 PM

Mothership got mission when it come to the city. It can be:
- Infiltration (droping "bule-stuff" or placing eggs)
- Demolition
- Dropping Overspawn

Oh yeah, Overspawns aren't really big threat. Second Over I saw I let to play around. You know what he did? Destroyed one of those big slum builiding's column and went under collapsing concrete. It crushed him. After this incident I no longer afraid of Overspawns.

#22 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 08:02 PM

Hahaha Extralucas, I wish I would have seen this! :P :D

#23 obijuan

obijuan

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 06:25 AM

MArk0.......mothershpis appear in all dificulties!!!! i played the easiest dif and i got them appearing every once and again....
maybe your not advanced enogh yet????whats your tech stat???

#24 Mark0

Mark0

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 10:25 AM

yeps i saw that :D
i just saw one, so i left it go where it wanted
the only problem is cops.... :bash: :bash: :bash:
they start shooting the ship,
So the ship feals threatened it goes back to dimensions. :crying:
damn police! :bash: :uzzi:
ima raid there buildings

#25 Brute

Brute

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 02:08 AM

36 Annihilators? Maverick: the goal of the game isn't to raid Sirius and all organizations all the time to get rich and build Annihilator after Annihilator.  :D *joke*

So the Aliens had no chance against you.  B)  :alienoooh:

I had 10 Annihilators and thought that was good. ;)  :uhoh:

By the way Maverick: How many bases did you use to produce your Annihilator fleet? :)

You only need 4 maybe 5 annhilators to clean out the alien dimesion. -assuming you use weapons bigger than laser cannons :)-
And by visiting the dimension every monday, aliens will not have the time to rush your city, and that gives you valuable time training your troops
There is no emotion; there is peace...
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge...
There is no passion; there is serenity...
There is no death; there is the Force...

#26 Drake

Drake

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 07:01 AM

Actually, I also build up on the annhilators. I like to leave them around the city to create my own virtual dystopia-step out of line and X-Com shoots your butt down...Am I the only one who always tries to wipe the city out at the end?

#27 BurnThemALL

BurnThemALL

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 April 2003 - 06:12 PM

Am I the only one who always tries to wipe the city out at the end?

:D :P :wacko: :rolleyes: great idea Drake! I have to do this too! :crazy: :blink: :crazy:

#28 Extralucas

Extralucas

Captain

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 04:16 AM

Actually, I also build up on the annhilators. I like to leave them around the city to create my own virtual dystopia-step out of line and X-Com shoots your butt down...Am I the only one who always tries to wipe the city out at the end?

Well I leveled entire city to ground once. I have even savegame with this... Unfortunately I'm using other computer now and I haven't it available now.... But it really looks great. :freak: