XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Xcom Modified Weapons: Smoke Rocket

NinthRank

This is a slightly edited version of the smoke rocket. I'm no artist, but I feel that it's a little bit better, as I kept thinking that the original's tip looks "bent." Am I right, or have I gone blind with imaginary talent? :P If it is better, is it enough of an improvement to warrant a replacement of the graphic? (Look at the tip.)

P.S.: Does this go here? :unsure:

Edit: They're kinda small, so here's a zip.

post-5682-1189470140.png

post-5682-1189470152.png

smokem.zip

Edited by NinthRank

I'm sorry to downpour on your artistic fun, but the smoke rocket graphic is destined to be removed due to that it's a quick edit of X-com's art.

Fine by me. Remaking from scratch, though, I wouldn't even know where to begin. :D Out of curiousity, does this mean that the incendiary grenade goes out, too?

I'm sorry to downpour on your artistic fun, but the smoke rocket graphic is destined to be removed due to that it's a quick edit of X-com's art.

Fine by me. Remaking from scratch, though, I wouldn't even know where to begin. :D Out of curiousity, does this mean that the incendiary grenade goes out, too?

The incendiary's grenade image is present on the original X-COM files, so there's no problem in keeping it

Why would the incendiary grenade go out? It's being drawn up by the original xcom pck. It just was never used in XCOM.

And you seem to have mistaken me. When I say XCOM graphics, I mean modified XCOM images. Submachine Gun and Knife were made from scratch, but they still don't clash with the XCOM graphics.

I didn't realize that the incendiary grenade (the image) was in the XCom files. Anyway, just for fun I tried to make a rocket from scratch:

smokem_new.png

Edit: Or this one:

smokem_new_v2.png

Yes, the second one is much better. As Hobbes said though, we are rethinking x-com modified. We will try and keep you posted though, since your graphics for the smoke rocket is being greatly considered.