XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Forum Members In X-com (d)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do I have to do to get a Flying suit... nothing below the belt please...

*gags*

*shudder*

:puke:

:puke:

Well anyways, me and robo are the most important ones! B)

No, really, we are the first two so we NEED it to survive. -_-

I want the best armor there is.  And how come I am only a seargant but have like 10 kills?

it's the game who controls that, not me :P

and like Puasonen said, i tend to give Flying Suits based on your order of the Skyranger. i doubt i'll find any use giving a flying suit to the guy in the back of the skyranger with the mind probe ;)

Okay, just don't get me to kill myself by throwing a grenade at a guy next to me. If I get mind controled and kill a bunch of my guys without killing myself, then um *cough*umm I don't care*cough*

Only a coward would want their Psi-Strength edited! I've made it to commander with only 19 Psi-strength, and I carry a rocket launcher with no regrets. ^_^

Once Blaster Bomb Launchers are available to Skyranger-3, I'd like to switch over to one if noone else has first call. Given my persona's low mental defense, I'm probably safest (and safest to be around) with a guided weapon and well back from the front lines.

A psi sponge with a blaster launcher?! Duck, roll, cover!

Once Blaster Bomb Launchers are available to Skyranger-3, I'd like to switch over to one if noone else has first call. Given my persona's low mental defense, I'm probably safest (and safest to be around) with a guided weapon and well back from the front lines.

I don't think supsuper will like people with low PSI defence to use weapons that can annihilate half of the squad. :D

Actually, you can. Just as long as all you carry are ammo clips, the launcher and no other offensive equipment. The trick is to have the launcher loaded and then to drop it on the ground before the end of the turn. This way, psi-sponge or otherwise, you won't be able to use it against your own troops.

It means spending 15 + 2 TUs to arm and then drop the launcher at the end of the turn, and then 8 TUs to pick it up again. You only need 60% of all your TUs to fire it in any case, and you do not need to be looking in the direction you'll be launching the missile. Or, you can have a pair of soldiers weild the same launcher, with one soldier loading the weapon and then tossing it to the other soldier to fire it and then drop it before the end of the turn.

Yes, it takes a bit of effort, but being able to plant a 200 HE explosion anywhere in the field is worth spending double the effort when you're uncertain about your psionic capabilities!

I must point out that it will NOT matter where you are, as the ethereals will attack you even if you're well behind the front lines. So it pays to be prepared.

- NKF

Actually, you can. Just as long as all you carry are ammo clips, the launcher and no other offensive equipment. The trick is to have the launcher loaded and then to drop it on the ground before the end of the turn. This way, psi-sponge or otherwise, you won't be able to use it against your own troops.

It means spending 15 + 2 TUs to arm and then drop the launcher at the end of the turn, and then 8 TUs to pick it up again. You only need 60% of all your TUs to fire it in any case, and you do not need to be looking in the direction you'll be launching the missile. Or, you can have a pair of soldiers weild the same launcher, with one soldier loading the weapon and then tossing it to the other soldier to fire it and then drop it before the end of the turn.

Yes, it takes a bit of effort, but being able to plant a 200 HE explosion anywhere in the field is worth spending double the effort when you're uncertain about your psionic capabilities!

I must point out that it will NOT matter where you are, as the ethereals will attack you even if you're well behind the front lines. So it pays to be prepared.

- NKF

well, if the gun aint loaded, you can't fire it. So you don't really need to drop it.

True, but do keep in mind that the AI knows how to load an empty gun. ;)

- NKF

Well, as long as the person currently holding the launcher isn't carrying any offensive equipment or blaster bombs, they'll be safe enough. Just keep in mind that if the shooter gets mind controlled constantly, the blaster launcher could be out of commission until the offending psi attacker is dealt with.

For standard UFO recovery missions, you needn't use a two-man team even, just plant the person with the launcher on the Skyranger's equipment pile.

- NKF

Well, as long as the person currently holding the launcher isn't carrying any offensive equipment or blaster bombs, they'll be safe enough. Just keep in mind that if the shooter gets mind controlled constantly, the blaster launcher could be out of commission until the offending psi attacker is dealt with.

what if his standing on top of the blaster launcher :hammer:

Then you kill the soldier and take the blaster :devillaugh:

you can also do this if they hold it. They DO drop it :hammer:

you can also do this if they hold it. They DO drop it :hammer:

Whatever happened to just zapping them unconcious? :rolleyes:

I don't think supsuper will like people with low PSI defence to use weapons that can annihilate half of the squad. :D

See, that's why you keep me safely back on the Skyranger with the psi-ops people. We're nice and safe, and so long as that Etheral doesn't bother to look inside, we'll still be nice and safe. :D

• 1 month later...
i decided to take this time (since HyperCam isn't working) to ask ppl something (didn't bother to make a poll). what do you like best? screenshots of what happens each turn or movies of everyone's shots and alien turns?

Movies are fun, but after a while feel repetitive; my vote goes for screenshots as default and movies if something out of ordinary happens.

• 4 weeks later...
Dang, doing the missions online is tough! The text and pictures are alot of work to set up for each post. But so far I've gotten 3 sectoids, and they haven't even started PSI control yet. What say you now, you naysayers? ^_^

Dang, doing the missions online is tough! The text and pictures are alot of work to set up for each post. But so far I've gotten 3 sectoids, and they haven't even started PSI control yet. What say you now, you naysayers?  ^_^

which is why I quit fmix 2

Dang, doing the missions online is tough! The text and pictures are alot of work to set up for each post. But so far I've gotten 3 sectoids, and they haven't even started PSI control yet. What say you now, you naysayers?  ^_^

8 turns and you still haven't entered the ufo? tsk-tsk-tsk :P

On an unrelated note, what the generally excepted opinion on MIA status for people that happened to be mind controlled when the last alien gets killed? Is it considered a bug? If so... I want my man back.

If not... that's cool... I guess.

You havta admit, it's a pretty crummy way to go.

EDIT: I can understand if the assumption is that he's driven totally insane by the stress of having his controller dieing while still in his head. But at least make something up about how I went off into the forest and hunted homeless people for sport.

Edited by deanfrz

• 1 month later...

Meanwhile, back at the base...

Snakeman fails to impress one of the female engineers with one of his pickup lines, so he decides to go back to the mess for some lunch. After he got his tray o' slop, he eyes the mess hall and spots a redheaded scientist-babe and decides to head over there, mustering up his best nonchalant swagger as he goes.

He asks if he can join her for lunch and she nods pleasantly to him before burying herself back into a paper she had in front of her. The rookie picks at his "eggs" a bit but doesn't eat any, his attention fully on the woman now. Suddenly he drops his fork, reaches over to grab her hand, then says melodramatically, "Your the only woman...at this table."

It was clear he was trying to get her to laugh with that last line, break the ice a bit, but she looked at him incredulously and just smirked. "Arthur," she says simply.

"Huh?" the rookiee replies innocently. He honestly didn't know. Well, until she spoke again.

"Arthur."

She sees his eyes blinking back at her, dumfounded. She clarifies for the dunce...

"It was the Friday night movie last week. Nice try Mr. Originality," she adds as she gets up from the table leaving him high and dry.

"Never heard of it..." Snakeman says aloud uselessly to the retreating scientist. After she's out of sight, he sniffs his armpits to check if he remembered his deordorant, 'hmmphs', then resumes to play with his eggs some more.

Heh :)

Chrysallids escaping, huh? Don't worry--they wouldn't be the ones running away. ;)

Well, at least I know I'd be running, screaming like a little girl. Forget the Flying Suits--I'd be long gone! Oh, wait-- flying suits...?

Edited by The Master Maniac

Why drop the blaster launcher? MC'd soldiers cannot load blaster launchers and fire them, can they?

Here's what you do:

Stand your BL Chracter on top of a pile of Blaster Bombs and each round he loads his BL off of the ground, then fires it.. At the end of each turn his weapon is empty and he is not carrying any ammo. MC'd characters cannot pick up ammo and fire it, so the worst that happens is when you regain control of your unit you have to make him walk back to his ammo pile.

No matter where you pull the Bombs from, it is a steady 15 TU's for loading a blaster launcher, so you always have enough TU's to load and fire int he same round. Easy stuff.

Essentially you're saving yourself a whole 2 TU's if you do it this way instead. :D