XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Pretty Image...

gufu

Agreed. Anyone seen the really early American version for Megaman (Rockman)? *shudder* That's just one example I can think of off the top of my head.

That image up there was for the European release of the game if I'm not mistaken. Mind you, I'm quite glad the image of Mars with the excessively souped up Avenger became the more popular and more widely accepted cover. The one above is quite misleading.

There was also a rather unique cover for the Japanese release of UFO (I think for the Playstation) if anyone can find that.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

You can see the packaging for the 3 PSX versions at Stewart Whyte's website. Pity the Japanese cover was linked to the old XCommand website which no longer has it. Anyhow, the thumbs give you an idea what it looks like.

You can view the covers for the other versions at Moby Games.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the European cover over the ones for the US. That's probably from being desensitized due to seeing them so often. (It's even used for the OSG's cover). But come on, the Avenger has rust spots on it and looks nothing like the real thing. The Star Wars looking "pod" on the right doesn't add much either. The US PSX cover is much better though. ^_^

- Zombie

Edited by Zombie

• 5 months later...
You can see the packaging for the 3 PSX versions at Stewart Whyte's website. Pity the Japanese cover was linked to the old XCommand website which no longer has it. Anyhow, the thumbs give you an idea what it looks like.

You can view the covers for the other versions at Moby Games.

Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the European cover over the ones for the US. That's probably from being desensitized due to seeing them so often. (It's even used for the OSG's cover). But come on, the Avenger has rust spots on it and looks nothing like the real thing. The Star Wars looking "pod" on the right doesn't add much either. The US PSX cover is much better though. ^_^

- Zombie

wow thanks for the link. It says now available for xp and vista.....I think I might buy since I cant get collectors edition to work on vista and I can only play on ME.