XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Graphic issues with Steam version on windows 7?

Graymeer

Hey everyone, I've searched all over the web for the correct solution to this problem with no luck. I downloaded the steam version of XCOM and played it successfully. I got interested in mods so I gave XCOMutil a go and it seemed to run correctly. I read up on UFO extender and saw some other features I really liked. Supposedly they are compatible with the exception that Extender cannot run in steams regular dos-box version, although I'm still not entirely sure on the specifics. So if I want to run both together, then I have to do it through regular UFO loader (as far as I can tell.). After getting both loaded up on a win 7 64 machine, I got some weird graphical errors and the well known speed error. The menu bar on the right side was red, the pointer is multicolored, and portions of the image look like they were drawn in 16 bit, and the issue seems to come and go with the minimization. Thinking it was an issue with one of the mods, I started with a clean install and tried each one on its own. I thought it had come down to Extender so I uninstalled it. I then tried running XCOM outside of dosbox, and low and behold the same graphical errors occur. So long story short, everything works fine in dosbox with xcomutil through steam, but running the ufo defense loader exe causes the errors. Is there a solution to fix this issue? I'd like to run both mods without an issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. as an aside, I also don't think I ever got Extender working correctly, never saw the base improvements, or the stats view in the equip screen, any thought on this?

Graymeer