Apoc'd

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Thanks j'ordos. I have been using apoc'd for nearly several years on and off. Apocalypse wouldn't be the same without it. I had some particularly bad times, but apocalypse was fun even then, especially with apoc'd and roadwar. I'll probably try it again soon. Do you think it would be possible to edit alien sight range and hack palettes in tactical, or use a similar system that cityscape uses to cycle day brightness, during tactical runtime to simulate darker lighting? I have a feeling that may have been asked before. Anyway I'll probably try the new apoc'd soon to check out the newer features. I was modding in August 2009 but may have misplaced the files due to my absentmindedness..but good reason for a fresh look.

• 1 month later...

By the way if anyone happens to know what settings the RAW sfx files are in (bitrate, mono/stereo and whatnot) please let me know so I can add them to the comments in apoc'd!

edit: and sorry, no progress on alien sight range or pck handling :( . I did find the brainsucker launcher exception in TACP.EXE, but the weapon seems to be completely hardcoded: I replaced the check for the laser gun instead after which the brainsucker launcher fired a spitter-like projectile that did no damage ingame and the laser fired arcing brainsucker pods that hatched as normal.

Edited by j'ordos

practicing your spanish? :)

New hobby of mine is constructed international auxiliary languages. Maybe you've heard of Esperanto. I was speaking Lingua Franca Nova though : http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/lfn/

"LFN is based on French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, and Catalan", but the idea of it is very different.

I like some more artificial ones too, like Ygyde : http://www.ygyde.neostrada.pl/index.htm

It has glyphs that are a good candidate for Sectoid/Cydonian writing, I think. :D

I'm going to play the new Megapol mod, that looks fun.

I like some more artificial ones too, like Ygyde : http://www.ygyde.neostrada.pl/index.htm

It has glyphs that are a good candidate for Sectoid/Cydonian writing, I think. :D

Standard Galactic Alphabet!

Actually that might be easier to understand, so yeah.

Awesome work on the Megapol mod, I didn't think that stuff would be possible. The alien probes seemed to be faster and fire more, that was a pleasant surprise. Is it my imagination? X-COM seems to be shooting at many different corporations throughout the day and night with their road vehicles. I was surprised when they blew up two of my police cars, I guess I was expecting Cult of Sirius behavior.

I'm confused about the Explorers, when do they show up, or is it a surprise? I'm playing on the beginner map and only see the road vehicles right now, day 1 or 2 or 3 or something.

No I haven't altered the stats of the Alien Probe, I only gave them a teleporter so they might actually survive sometimes. (score requirement for teleporters is also set to 0)

Ack a bug already! I forgot to add an engine to the explorer (it needs one now) :) . You can edit it in apoc'd, just give it a SD special in one of it's free equipment slots. I'll update the mod ASAP.

Thanks for the comments! :)

No I haven't altered the stats of the Alien Probe, I only gave them a teleporter so they might actually survive sometimes. (score requirement for teleporters is also set to 0)

Ack a bug already! I forgot to add an engine to the explorer (it needs one now) :) . You can edit it in apoc'd, just give it a SD special in one of it's free equipment slots. I'll update the mod ASAP.

Thanks for the comments! :)

I put an SD special on the explorers and will try it out today. I was editing some other stuff in Apoc'd, and couldn't figure something out. Under damage modifiers, for armors specifically, why are there two entries for Explosive damage?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...
It's also on a to do list somewhere :P Haven't worked on apoc'd for quite some time now though, not sure when/if I'll get back on it! For now you can edit the UFOpaedia only with this utility I made, in combination with a hex editor: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?sh...st&p=184711. Edited by j'ordos

• 9 months later...

I know it has been quite some time, but thanks for all the work on the Apoc'd, for everyone involved, especially J'ordos. In the past, I have had the chance to mess around, albeit very minorly, with NKF on dune2 editing, so I was thrilled by all the experience. I read through all the forum topic in one breath... I always liked TFTD the most, yet I played all three games to great extend. Currently, (after all those years) a very good friend of mine and I are playing Apocalypse again, and using APOC'D to enforce our own campaign rules into the game. We have made up some additional benefits / drawbacks of having organisations allied / enemy... (If you are allied with sensovision, for example, they make good advertisement of you; thus we can change one "unfriendly" to "friendly" per week. Or if we have the gravballers allies, we will have special physical trainers attend to our agents, and each day a phsycial stat two agents will be increased by 1. There are also drawbacks in this manner too if you hostile with them, for example, sensovision makes bad castings about you and we have to add one neutral organisation to unfriendly...) As a further yet unneccssary note, we are playing a mod where the difficulty is increased and you need to research dead specimen first in order to research live one, I believe it was doctor karajan mod or sth...)

What we failed to do, was to take over a building which was not on sale list for us. Is there only a specific set of buildings that can be sold to x-com? We are in war with osiron and we have buried their funding to the bottom of abys, and megapol also raided and even stormed them. As we are also allied with megapol and made several raids to osiron too, we decided to take one of their buildings as our base for free... (and name it outpost konnan for it was the name of the hero that died in hostile takeover mission, one of our best men...)

we failed so we used an alternative building that was on sale right next to it (warehouse nine) but now I wonder if it was possible.

Also great kudos on finding all that hidden stuff like multiplayer embedded into the game. You guys are awesome. I know how hard it is to search through all those variables, changing values and trying to find out the effect on the game. I know it has been quite a time since the last update, but now that xcom: enemy unknown is on the horizon maybe old games will be revisited and we will see more Apoc'd development... Imagine a steam-based online mode :P

[...]

I'm Spanish and I like xcom apocalysis, is there any chance that apoc'd support the game in Spanish?

If I remember correctly, lately apoc'd can edit text of some things. Maybe that would let you add some spanish text to the english version, in case you mean that there is a spanish version of the game also. In the case of support for a spanish version of the game, I don't know. J'ordos might be the most likely person to know.

[...]

I'm Spanish and I like xcom apocalysis, is there any chance that apoc'd support the game in Spanish?

If I remember correctly, lately apoc'd can edit text of some things. Maybe that would let you add some spanish text to the english version, in case you mean that there is a spanish version of the game also. In the case of support for a spanish version of the game, I don't know. J'ordos might be the most likely person to know.

Thank you for answering localhosed,

With the "pedind" I can put the description in Spanish of the ufopaedia, changing the ".mt", but does not change the messages in the game.

I ran apoc'd and does not recognize the Spanish version I tested has used all three versions that come with apoc'd (486, German, steam) but does not work correctly.

Thanks for everything

Ouch, another version. You'll have to send me the UFO2P.EXE and TACP.EXE files so I can add support for them to apoc'd.

Windwalker: it's possible to make any building available for sale in savegames, just go to savegames->edit buildings, select the building in question and set the 'purchaseable' field to yes.

• 4 weeks later...
Ah those programs haven't been updated yet, forgot about that :) I'll try to update them as well but it might take a while, updating offsets isn't very fun :)

j'ordos magnificent,

I'm anxious to try and play,

thanks for your work

Edited by daruperez

• 3 weeks later...
Ah those programs haven't been updated yet, forgot about that :) I'll try to update them as well but it might take a while, updating offsets isn't very fun :)

Hello j'ordos, I have another Spanish version of X-COM Apocalypse that it is not supported by Apoc'd. Can you help us with this? I am attaching my TACP.EXE and UFO2P.EXE of this spanish version.

Thank you in advance :)

Regards

ApocSpanish.rar

Hello j'ordos, I have another Spanish version of X-COM Apocalypse that it is not supported by Apoc'd. Can you help us with this? I am attaching my TACP.EXE and UFO2P.EXE of this spanish version.

Regards

hola man1ak, mientras esperas contestación te indico como poder jugar con los diferentes mod:

- Bajate el mod "karadoc's mod" y copiate (hacte una copia de seguridad) los archivos tacp.exe y ufo2p.exe

- Ahora ya te dejará utilizar todos los mod que hay (apoc'd, megamod, roadwar, apatcher, etc)

- El juego se te habrá convertido en ingles y la ufopedia te aparecerá en blanco las descripciones

- para solucionar lo de la ufopaedia, vete a la carpeta ufopaedia y localiza los archivos ".mt" (son 2) veras que acaban en SP: "paediaSP.mt" (el otro no me acuerdo) solo tienes que borrar lo de SP para que te vuelvan a aparecer las descripciones en el juego en español

Los mensajes internos del juego te seguiran apareciendo en ingles... pero bueno... podrás disfrutar más o menos de los mod,

Saludos.

• 1 year later...

Regards

I have added support for this spanish version too. v3.10b also adds a CSV export function. Many thanks to MarkDey for adding the code for this function and motivating me to release this new version!

• 4 months later...

Hey J'ordos long time no talk

I've gotten back into tinkering with Apoc'd and am wondering if there would be a way to rename items?
I've been doing some neat stuff making the most out of the item slots and what not, but I seem to run into a problem memorizing what actually does what
My psiclones for example are functional mind benders and I've converted the tracker gun into a laser pistol.

various other things got a little more confusing as I mucked around and well, if its possible to rename an item ingame somehow

• 1 year later...