XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Play X-com On Xp Without Jammer Probe Or Other Bugs

Hello everyone,

I have found a solution to the data jammer probe bug (where target always points to bottom left) and presumably any other problems related to which operating system you use. If you set up a virtual PC and install windows 98 se you can play x com interceptor like you did in the old days without any bugs. It takes a little while but with patience and tenacity it is worth it.

step by step instructions on how to set up a virtual PC can be found at this website:

http://www.goodells.net/virtualpc/index.htm#fdisk

there isn't anything that can be downloaded from this site, although there is a link to one of the files you need. It is really straight forward and easy to follow.

there are several files or disks you need to set this up. I am not going to post any direct links to download sites just in case, but it should be relatively easy to find what you need if you look and know what you are looking for.

The files and things you need are:

1. a windows 98 se boot disk or a virtual img file (there is a link to this on the direction site)

2. a windows 98 se cd rom or cd rom .iso file

3. a product activation key (the place I found this said that they got a generic one that works with all cds from microsft and that microsoft asked them to spread it around because they didn't support 98 anymore and didn't want any more calls)

4. virtual pc software, which you can download for free from microsoft

anyway, it isn't too hard to find these things if you look. Follow the instructions and install interceptor on the virtual machine and it should work fine without any bugs

If you want me to post a direct link to any of those three and it is ok with the admins let me know and I will.

Edited by WillToHave

• 5 months later...