6 replies to this topic

#1 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

The atached file contains xcuundo.bat. It can undo the changes to xcom and TFTD that xcomtuil does not prompt for. sutch as ading units to the interceptor and a modified Avenger map.

Place it in the UFO and TFTD root and run it after xcusetup to reset the items you want reset.

I have tested it with xcomutil 9.6 and UFO 1.4 and TFTD 2.1
However, I make not warrenties so use at your own risk. ;)

-Blade FireLight
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.

#2 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 08:57 AM

Nice...thanks :)

#3 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 12:16 AM

Nice...thanks :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was hoping that atleast sone one would find it usefull. and I have had to do it manualy everytime I wanted some of xcomutil's features but not all.

reversing what I do is as simple as runing xcusetup again.

If any one knows of other settings changed without asking I will add them (I dont reverse the disjointed base patch. althow I supose I could as it is avoidable.)

-Blade FireLight
Combat is very simple, there is a first place and second place, second place is laying face down in the mud, sometimes, so is first place.

#4 NKF

NKF

Commander

• [Global Moderators]
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,798 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 01:28 AM

Well, you could make a utility to put the walls back in automatically - they're all in the same place in each map module, so if you get one right, most of the others will just require a bit of reiteration (except the hangar). Or manually restore the original base maps by getting them from a backup - either from your install cd or from a fresh unmodified copy of the game.

Could making the base files read-only prevent xcusetup(when you run it) from changing them, or would this cause secret missiles to be launched, turning the world as we know it into a firey ball of death and destruction?

It's not a really big issue, but some players may want to use the disjointed walls for defensive purposes.

- NKF
Lord High Generalissimo Ruler Supreme of Norm's Anti Pedant Society (NAPS).

Number of members: 1

#5 Hobbes

Hobbes

UFO2000 Staff

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 11:23 AM

Btw, have you done anymore work on your battlefield generator?

#6 BladeFireLight

BladeFireLight

Captain

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 04:23 PM

Btw, have you done anymore work on your battlefield generator?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not really but I did just get my compiler runing on dosbox on my memory stick so I can start work on it again. But first I was thinking of making a utility to recover games from the TFTD reasearch bugs. (thoes that cant be fixed by just researching yet another lobsterman comander ;) )

I have been away to long, I guess that happens when you have kids.

-Blade FireLight

#7 KNomad

KNomad

Rookie

• New Forum Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:51 AM

I'm getting an error trying to download the file - says I don't have permission even though I am logged in. :angry:

EDIT: n/m - i re-validated manually & it worked

Edited by KNomad, 23 May 2007 - 07:55 AM.