XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Roadwar

j'ordos

Hehe so many options ^_^ Interesting note about the police hovercars, never saw them scrambling without attacking before. About the relations in apoc'd, the mass edit option is there to speed up the process. Or if you want to be specific, you can also copy a value and repeatedly paste it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe so many options ^_^ Interesting note about the police hovercars, never saw them scrambling without attacking before. About the relations in apoc'd, the mass edit option is there to speed up the process. Or if you want to be specific, you can also copy a value and repeatedly paste it.

Just found out it is impossible to play if you set the 2nd value of all organizations regarding X-COM to -100. Since there are so many hostile vehicles it becomes impossible to speed up the game. During my first try I only changed the 1st value and you could still speed up the game. Could it be that first value is the organization's attitude regarding X-COM and the 2nd one X-COM's attitude regarding the organization? This could explain it and there's an editor that presents it that way.

Normally only Megapol police cars should prevent you from speeding up if they're hostile, as they are the only vehicles that are armed. Edit: must've been tired, police cars&hovercars still allow you to speed up the game if they're hostile, otherwise the game would become unplayable. Never saw any conclusive tests, but the second value was thought to have to do with the frequency/likelihood of the organization raiding/attacking another one. Edited by j'ordos

Normally only Megapol police cars should prevent you from speeding up if they're hostile, as they are the only vehicles that are armed. Never saw any conclusive tests, but the second value was thought to have to do with the frequency/likelihood of the organization raiding/attacking another one.

Well this what I've done:

- 1st attempt I only changed the values regarding X-COM and the Aliens, and only the 1st value of each one to -100. It allowed me to speed up the game even with all organizations as hostile.

- Today I changed all values in all organizations to -100 (using the mass edit), including both values and I couldnt speed up the game. I went back and replaced Megapol's 2nd value towards X-COM to 0 but I still can't speed up the game.

An hypotesis can be that the 2nd value is used for all combat events (raiding and craft fighting). But I've also noticed a lot of coincidences (Superdynamics has a -11 on first value towards General Metro and General Metro has a -11 on the 2nd value towards Superdynamics).

Another thing to consider: during my first changing of the values I only changed X-COM's values and set them all as -100 regarding other organizations. That's when the Megapol Hovercars lifted but did nothing. Afterwards when I did my second edit I changed the values of all organizations regarding X-COM I only changed the 1st value to -100 and then Megapol's Hovercars started shooting at my craft. I was only now that I mass edited both values to -100.

Edited by Hobbes

Hum... So the recommended setting is -100 on the first value and 0-ish on the second? (Alien to Organisation/Organisation to Alien)

Or am I getting it all...

Uh...

I'm confused.

This sort of behaviour is happening because of the values regarding X-COM. You can still set the other organizations' attitudes regarding the aliens and vice-versa as -100 for both numbers since it won't affect the speeding of the cityscape.

So what IS the most optimal relationship between Alien and Organisation?

Whenever an alien misfires on a building, the "Organisation attacked" message pops up and a squadillion defenders pop out.

I'm like. "Woah, thanks for the help"

But I find that I'm sorta bending the laws of the game to my benefit too much.

Just bought the whole package off Steam for 2 euroes. I've heard issues about a minimal install that steam does and utilities/mods. Can someone give me a heads up? Will it work to, say, use Roadwar?

Try checking the Technical subforum, I have no idea how the Steam version works since I still use my original CD to play.

j'ordos, no idea at all. One thing I've noticed is that the 2nd value changes over time in opposition to what is said on the Wiki. I don't know if this has to do with editing the values.

I'm going to start a new game tonight, this time setting all organizations hostile against everybody except the aliens and the aliens hostile against everybody. Not being able to buy any equipment at the beginning makes the game a bit more challenging, and when Megapol turns to your side it will fire at any cargo vehicles, blowing up your purchased items. At the same time it forces you to have to find the aliens and deal with Megapol's forces on the first investigation site.

Just bought the whole package off Steam for 2 euroes. I've heard issues about a minimal install that steam does and utilities/mods. Can someone give me a heads up? Will it work to, say, use Roadwar?

Try checking the Technical subforum, I have no idea how the Steam version works since I still use my original CD to play.

I just searched for 'Steam' and I didn't get anything that caught my eye. But I'll try MacGyver style and see if I get any errors

j'ordos, no idea at all. One thing I've noticed is that the 2nd value changes over time in opposition to what is said on the Wiki. I don't know if this has to do with editing the values.

I'm going to start a new game tonight, this time setting all organizations hostile against everybody except the aliens and the aliens hostile against everybody. Not being able to buy any equipment at the beginning makes the game a bit more challenging, and when Megapol turns to your side it will fire at any cargo vehicles, blowing up your purchased items. At the same time it forces you to have to find the aliens and deal with Megapol's forces on the first investigation site.

Don't forget blown up taxis carrying new base personnel! The first investigation site is not necessarily a megapol building, or do you mean the patrolling hovercars on the way to the first investigation site? The premise is a little like my megapol mod though :)

Apparently the steam version does not have the required files even for roadwar. If you run into any errors read the xcom general faq at the steam forums: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...ad.php?t=724550 on how to copy the necessary files from the ISO file.

Don't forget blown up taxis carrying new base personnel! The first investigation site is not necessarily a megapol building, or do you mean the patrolling hovercars on the way to the first investigation site? The premise is a little like my megapol mod though :)

Since everyone is hostile your personnel can't take taxis.

Just played the 1st week. It gets very hard, you have to deal with the police hovercars plus all the security guards at the first site. It turned out to be the Goverment which made things worse since I killed all guards. By the end of the week all organizations had jumped back to unfriendly as I shot down UFOs but I had to pay some 127 000 to the Govt to prevent them from ceasing my funding.

Roadwar reaches yet another milestone, v1.09 can increase the agents available for hire. Unfortunately agents and scientists use the same maximum so increasing agents will also increase those.

edit: btw, I also found the code that spawns police cars&hovercars, want to face more challenge in your everyone hostile game? :naughty:

Edited by j'ordos

Well... Crap.

I presumed it was the other way around, that 100% would mean double the amount of agents available.

Does that mean that if I typed 50, I'd have to type 200 to revert it back to the 'original'? Or is it always based off the original value?

Roadwar reaches yet another milestone, v1.09 can increase the agents available for hire. Unfortunately agents and scientists use the same maximum so increasing agents will also increase those.

edit: btw, I also found the code that spawns police cars&hovercars, want to face more challenge in your everyone hostile game? :naughty:

Well, I've just played a little more of that game and things are getting crazy: Megapol is now starting to like the aliens, along with Marsec, Transtellar and a few others. The way I see it is that since the aliens kill personnel from other organizations during alerts (and everyone was hating one another) Megapol is starting to warm up to the aliens. I'm getting worried because I've just completed an UFO recovery and most organizations moved back to hostile.

It should be very interesting the effect on relations when the aliens start demolishing buildings...

Would that code require a restart?

Edited by Hobbes

I'm not sure if this is working properly with guards during investigations.

The first alien occurance, I met three guards. It was in the Sewage Plant of Evonet (Right?)

After a few days, I've had a total of 4 alien infiltrations.

Sewage Plant, Evonet

Gravball Dome, Uh... Gravball League?

Rescue Station, Megapol

Luxury Apartments, Government

And only in the Sewage Plant have I encountered security guards that helped me. There were no assistance in the Gravball Dome, Apartments or even the Rescue station owned by the all powerful Megapol.

I don't know if it's SUPPOSED to be like this, but I had some fun finding the guards pinned in a corner until I stepped in with Autocannons and nades to rescue them. Sad to see not even Megapol showed up in their own building.

Edited by MiniMacker

The first alien occurance, I met three guards. It was in the Sewage Plant of Evonet (Right?)

Sewage Plant, Evonet

Rescue Station, Megapol

And only in the Sewage Plant have I encountered security guards that helped me. There were no assistance in the Gravball Dome, Apartments or even the Rescue station owned by the all powerful Megapol.

I don't know if it's SUPPOSED to be like this, but I had some fun finding the guards pinned in a corner until I stepped in with Autocannons and nades to rescue them. Sad to see not even Megapol showed up in their own building.

Sewage Plant or Recyclotorium? I think the first alert always occurs in Government, Megapol or X-COM buildings. If so, then could have been the X-COM Recyclotorium and then the guards would shoot.

Well, I've just played a little more of that game and things are getting crazy: Megapol is now starting to like the aliens, along with Marsec, Transtellar and a few others. The way I see it is that since the aliens kill personnel from other organizations during alerts (and everyone was hating one another) Megapol is starting to warm up to the aliens. I'm getting worried because I've just completed an UFO recovery and most organizations moved back to hostile.

It should be very interesting the effect on relations when the aliens start demolishing buildings...

Yep, I can only change the starting number of police vehicles, and what I think is the maximum number (6). Changing the maximum wouldn't require a restart but I don't have any idea when and why it'll increase the number of vehicles. (I know it's not related to positive funding though)

Sewage Plant, Evonet

Rescue Station, Megapol

So the guards were present but did not fire? That all depends on the relations, it's supposed to be like that. Now if you're saying they're not present then there is something wrong.

What? No, no, no, no. I set the relations to hostile of all organisations. The thing is, the guards don't APPEAR during investigations. At all.

I've only seen them ONCE (Absolute first investigation of the game, in Evonet Sewage Plant)

So far, I have now done nearly 7 investigations (in total) and only that one time in the Sewage plant I met guards.

Could they have been killed before I got there? Nope, there were no gunshots, no corpses, no equipment on the ground. I hope they didn't bail on my at the start by rushing to the exit. But I doubt it, they simply don't appear.

What do you mean?

I did restore a backup once, but I configured it directly after. I did not start the game after I restored the backup, I started up Roadwar instead and configured my options.

I just made a new game and played. First event was in the Megapol Flyer factory (Or something) and I barely got a few feet with my agents before the target was down. Success! Thank you guards. (They were swarming the place, even though I didn't do anything, I still had a smile on my face. har har har.)

Nearing the 24:00 mark, UFOs popped up through the dimension gates. I wasn't going to shoot them down since I wanted to test if guards appeared still. So I didn't send any ships out.

Suddenly, Megapol reroutes every police hovercar towards the UFOs and blasts them down faster than I've ever seen.

I don't even think they managed to beam down infiltrators.

... After that madness, another Live Alien event started, this time in Sensovision Apartments. I forgot to make every organisation hostile (Since it was just a test game), but as I went to investigate, guards were there. They were checking every room and I just followed them around. They didn't shoot at the aliens (Because of my mistake), but...

Well, they appeared.

So I'm guessing it's just my savegame.

Tough.

I had a perfect (Randomized) base layout and was closing the second week.

I'm going to see if I find anything else.

Edited by MiniMacker

Yep, I can only change the starting number of police vehicles, and what I think is the maximum number (6). Changing the maximum wouldn't require a restart but I don't have any idea when and why it'll increase the number of vehicles. (I know it's not related to positive funding though)

OK, it got some spare time and I'm willing to start a new game to check it out. Is that function available on the latest version of roadwar?

Yes, please do. That would be my vote. :)

- Zombie

OK the exe mods have been moved to this program: http://www.xcomufo.com/forums/index.php?showforum=33. I'll remove them from roadwar when I ever update that again :) A bunch of new mods are available there, you can alter the UFO mission timers, increase police vehicle presence, enable hotseat mode etc...

edit: roadwar has been updated/downgraded to version 1.10. New feature: Blazer Turbo bike now automatically starts at standard aggressiveness level if small road weapons is enabled.

edit: v1.12 released, the blazer turbo bike aggressiveness level fix should actually work this time. Forgot what was added in 1.11 but I guess just the overspawn fix (no longer takes damage from falling debris)

Edited by j'ordos

• 3 years later...