XCOMUFO & Xenocide

Perfect Game, Can It Be?

The Machine

For me a perfect game would mean complete control over the earth on every point. Enough power to make any combat or interception a mere game for your "armies", and for sure --- KEEPING the earth united --- , which is, so far the biggest challenge i came up to.

No but seriously, i doesnt matter to me if you go to cydonia, cause it will end your game (and your fun) and therefore only means you're a capable commander... ;)

In my efforts to reach human supremacy ;) , nothing could oppose me , except for those sneaky, darn shitty if-you-see-Kaying infiltration attempts made by the enemy. No way i ever found to make them fail, safely and forever.

In the last month, i restarted my "perfect" game three times, always improving my infiltration counter-measures, cause every time a country falls to the dark side (why... but...WHY MY LORD?!?!) :)

I managed to expand my bases and forces so quick in the first three months ( had AVENGERS, HEAVY PLASMAS, BLASTERS AND ALMOST PSIS, plus THREE BASES quite capables - only two had troops deployment capacity - that ensured almost full world coverage. I wasn't able to develop any faster, it's impossible without cheating. I had my main base in USA and even with all ufos downed and investigated successfully, lost it to the aliens in my third perfect game attempt...

If anybody knows safety measures on how to prevent pacts from being signed please answer. And if anybody was ever able to play for years (in x-com time) on superhuman without losing countires then stand up and name yell to me , YEA DUDE, THAT'S POSSIBLE! then i might sleep tonight...

oh yea, and it's nice to see some people still care about this game in this world, i like you guys... LOL

I managed to expand my bases and forces so quick in the first three months ( had AVENGERS, HEAVY PLASMAS, BLASTERS AND ALMOST PSIS, plus THREE BASES quite capables - only two had troops deployment capacity - that ensured almost full world coverage. I wasn't able to develop any faster, it's impossible without cheating. I had my main base in USA and even with all ufos downed and investigated successfully, lost it to the aliens in my third perfect game attempt...

If anybody knows safety measures on how to prevent pacts from being signed  please answer. And if anybody was ever able to play for years (in x-com time) on superhuman without losing countires then stand up and name yell to me , YEA DUDE, THAT'S POSSIBLE! then i might sleep tonight...

Well, let me see. Here are just a few topics which discuss this problem:

In short, totally preventing a country from signing a pact is up to the game. A player has some say, but not much. You can be completely diligent in shooting down reconnaissance scouts and the main infiltration fleet and then visiting all the crash sites, but the end result is not prevention. There are no known fail-safe methods to stop it from happening, and at the higher skill levels it becomes almost impossible to thwart.

A “perfect” game may be possible in the short term, but over the long-run I can guarantee that the aliens will infiltrate, and will continue to infiltrate countries no matter what you do. From my testing, I found that Russia is immune to infiltration so that might be the last country still on your side in a very long game. =b

- Zombie

If anybody knows safety measures on how to prevent pacts from being signed  please answer. And if anybody was ever able to play for years (in x-com time) on superhuman without losing countires then stand up and name yell to me , YEA DUDE, THAT'S POSSIBLE! then i might sleep tonight...

Well, let me see. Here are just a few topics which discuss this problem:

In short, totally preventing a country from signing a pact is up to the game. A player has some say, but not much. You can be completely diligent in shooting down reconnaissance scouts and the main infiltration fleet and then visiting all the crash sites, but the end result is not prevention. There are no known fail-safe methods to stop it from happening, and at the higher skill levels it becomes almost impossible to thwart.

A “perfect” game may be possible in the short term, but over the long-run I can guarantee that the aliens will infiltrate, and will continue to infiltrate countries no matter what you do. From my testing, I found that Russia is immune to infiltration so that might be the last country still on your side in a very long game. =b

- Zombie

Cool thanx man, i just signed up on this forum today and i was browsing it, saw what u wrote about russia and a few others things too. No doubt u know what you're talkin about! (you've been on insane researches on this game compared to me who only "insanely" played it...anyway i find it sad we cannot get long term safety on that issue cuz i just started to play back x-com a month ago and i hoped to make a somehow perfect game would could be stable forever... :shrug: think i won't be able to complete this challenge :( ...i'll stick to boosting up soldiers... ^_^

In the short-term, it is relatively easy to keep the countries on your side. From my tests on beginner, infiltration missions didn't really start until April of 1999. Even so, I was able to stop a few attempts by shooting down and visiting all the ships in the fleet. On superhuman, the probability of being successful decreased significantly. It's still possible to stop missions such as this on Superhuman, but not probable. Luck helps. :)

- Zombie

yea you're absolutely right zombie, i just restarted a new game (three times) :Tantrum: to try prevent countries from getting captured and i can guarantee that on superhuman they start infiltrating exactly on april! and by the third time believe me i was waiting for 'em steady on my feet with 2 avengers with plasma cannons! but they got a country anyway..(USA in my last game, where i had my MAIN base!!!) man i got ---mad--- now i havent played it in a few days and came here hoping to find a way to start a new game without losing countries...

guess it'll be the x-com ufo defense - ULTIMATE - challenge! :naughty:

• 2 months later...

I have the "Perfect" game. :D

I'll put up a save of it when I get de-grounded, but until then I guess I descpription will suffice:

-7 bases. 1 main base, 1 manufacture base, 5 intercept bases

-All countries still on board, except Nigeria and Australia

-8 Avengers, all with duel plasmas

-All techs done

-A crapload of very competant soldiers

-Bountiful amounts of weapons and ammo

-250 engineers

-About 350m in cash.

-Lots of E-115 for fuel (About 3500 in the manufacture base)

-Professional-sounding names

Granted, it is already well into the year 2001, and I am on the easiest setting, but still...

• 3 weeks later...
I've had plenty of games where I never lost a country. You just gotta be aggressive. Early on, constantly keep an interceptor in the air on patrol to expand your detection range. I've managed to bag the first terror ship that always shows up at the end of the first month doing this. The second your alien containment is complete, make it a priority to capture a navigator so you can research the hyperwave decoder. Hyperwave is the most important tech for dominating the geoscape portioin of the game.

I just started another superhuman game:

6 intercept bases that are identical on each contient worth protecting containing

- 3 avengers with duel plasmas

- 12-man squad

- 6 tanks for base defense (4 hovertank plasmas, 2 hovertank launchers)

- Europe has an added Avenger with a 26-man elite squad

- 3000+ defense

1 psi base in the pacific with:

- 80 psilab capacity

- 100 soldier capacity

- 1 Lightning with fusionball launcher

- All the other junk a psi-base needs

- 3500+ defense

1 manufacture/research on the south pole with:

- 200 Engineers

- 200 Scientists (Pointless because everything except corpses has been reseached)

- Piles of spare weaps/UFO components/E-115

- Empty hanger for craft production

- 1 soldier and 10 tanks for defense

- 4000+ defense

All this, at around April 2000, with no countrys lost and 75,000,000+ in cash. :)

It's on a crappy only laptop (Which is a good thing because I don't have any compatability issues with XP), so I'll put a savegame up as soon as I can get the network working on the peice of crap.

Edit: Although I admit I was using the cheat where if you manufacture something but put no enginners on it at first it gets done for free. Made avenger production and money-making a bit too easy. <_<

Edited by Dover