XCOMUFO & Xenocide

all addons installed: which executable to run?

mushi

Hi

I downloaded all extras for my xcom1 collectors edition.

Now i have 3 executables on my main xcom folder, which one to use?

* UFO Defense.exe

* ldr_XCOM1.exe - which came with the XCOM Collectors Edition bugfix loaders - version 0.91

* UFOLoader.exe

which one should i choose? what are the differences? i cant tell anymore

i am n00b playing after 15 years or so :) gotta love it

thx and congrats!

EDIT: i installed the 1.2 microprose patch. should i install the 1.4?

Edited by mushi

You do not need the 1.2 or 1.4 patch for the collector's edition, those are only for the DOS version of xcom.

If you want to play an unmodded XCOM you should start the game with ldr_XCOM1.exe, it just fixes the Garbled video error while running under Win98se/XP/ME/NT/2000, nothing else. If you want to make use of the features of Seb76's loader you need to start the game with UFOLoader.exe. Don't forget to enable the garbled gfx fix in the .ini file that came with it. You cannot use ldr_xcom1.exe in this case.

thx alot

now it makes sense :)

i assume the savegames from the collectors edition + Seb76's loader (direct 3d) will work with the older dos version.

Because i mostly play in windows, but i want to play (the same savegame) in macosx / linux.

Im having a blast re playing this magnificent game. good things last in the internet

:)

The savegames are interchangeable between the Dos and Windows editions, so that's not a problem. It's sometimes a good way to get past some battlescape saves that constantly crash at certain turns.

Also, as far as I can remember, using Seb76's loader shouldn't be a problem as all the extra enhancements are done at run-time, and not stored in the save files.

- NKF

Edited by NKF

Me like any noob, would like to have a small sticky thread with the goal of make things clear about the differences between direct 3d version and dos version. what should be installed in both, available patches for both.

maybe something like a table

-----------------------------------------

MUST INSTALL PATCHES

------------------------------------------

Dos version | Windows version

patch 1.2 | NONE

bugfix xpto |

AVAILABLE GAME ENHANCERS

somthing | Seb76's patch

clear and gathered info :) with links maybe? :)