105 replies to this topic

#101 Loosec

Loosec

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:06 AM

You do realise ofcourse that the numbers associated with certain elements (Uranium-238) describe the total amount of Protons AND Neutrons of the considered Isotope. It makes no sense to write the name of the element and then print the atomic number afterwards.

Unless ofcourse you like redundancy and don't really care about what isotope you are talking about.

#102 Guest_Azrael_*

Guest_Azrael_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

Xenium is not an element.

#103 Loosec

Loosec

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:41 PM

Then I can't quite see the reasoning in previous posts and the craving for a number.

Xenium is an excellent name.

#104 Mad

Mad

Creative Text Department

• [Xenocide Senior Members]
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 02:59 PM

Then I can't quite see the reasoning in previous posts and the craving for a number.

Xenium is an excellent name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Craving for a number: because it sounds cool... (oh, well, and because there is this substance called Elirium-115... ^_^ ) The 122 is the number of the first successfull experiment with Xenium :)
Keep smiling while dying

Of course I have gone mad with power! It would be completely ridiculous to go mad without power!
And no, this is not a quote from the Simpson's movie, I want it on paper, that I actually wrote that quite some time before the movie came out.

Posted Image

#105 Loosec

Loosec

Squaddie

• Forum Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:33 AM

Thank you, I feel much better about this now. When I do think about it for a while it makes almost no sense that highly advanced aliens should use a raw material as their primary powersource; they obviously refined several interesting raw materials and fused them in some extraordinary state and form to make it as portable and powerful as possible. -yey!

#106 GARAK

GARAK

Sergeant

• Forum Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 04:57 PM

Makes sense to me.